DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Thanks for your answer moss.
1) We can't use the 2 port individually for 2 scripts ? there is midin in/out Port 1 and midi in/out port 2 that are individually assign to push normal functions and push user functions with ableton . The first for ableton normal script for push 2 and i use the second with "Arsenal" . A push 2 script from nativekontrol .
In fact i planned to use the second port with flexi.
You confirm that it is not possible to use the second port on bitwig when i use push4bitwig script on port 1 ?

2)Yes you are right .
It does not have interest for me for live use but is really usefull for composing.
First , i forgot to mention that i was talking of the arrangement view .
I could "group" shortcut pad in line on the launchpad.One pad let me select a track and bitwig would scroll to it .I could "group" pad in a line and each lines would be tracks that interact at a specific moment .I could then go from one track to another without scrolling . As the track can be "far" from each other in the set, i could just push the pad and "et voilà" .
For exemple, i can have a pad assigned on a bass track, one on a kick track and one on a synth that play together at a certain moment and that are set on 3 pads that are together in a line on my launchpad and i can go directly to them.
I use something similar on ableton with the new "u" shortcut it finally scroll to the track in arrangement view . In conjunction with the dellgato stream deck i can select specific track that "work" together but that are not all together in the live set.

I Hope I explained it better .
thanks ! have a good time !

moss wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:27 am
gabbamat wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:29 pm Hi Moss. would it be possible to change the clip start-stop behaviour on push2 to toggle mode (in session view)
Ableton Live offers toggle or gate options.
Maschine Jam toggles start stop per default as a Bitwig controller, althoug bitwig doesn't offer this option.
Best
Frank
Will put it on the wishlist.
yeah! Thanks a lot! :-)

First of all a big thank you for your hard work @moss!

Probably this has been asked before, but I could not find a definite answer. The question: I use a Push 1, is it possible adjust velocity, nudge etc. of a selected note with the Push 1?
Similar to holding a note on Push 1 when using Ableton.

daw.one wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 am Probably this has been asked before, but I could not find a definite answer. The question: I use a Push 1, is it possible adjust velocity, nudge etc. of a selected note with the Push 1?
Similar to holding a note on Push 1 when using Ableton.
The API is still a bit weak in that regard. Currently, you can only change the velocity and the length (but even that is a bit of a hack).

a pity nudge doesn't work... is it the same for Push 2 as well?

alexpen wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:34 pm a pity nudge doesn't work... is it the same for Push 2 as well?
It is not available in the API, so it does not work with any controller.

@moss: thanks for clarification.

moss wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:51 pm The API is still a bit weak in that regard. Currently, you can only change the velocity and the length (but even that is a bit of a hack).
Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for clearing that up.
Is there an existing feature request we can vote on for adding extended note edit availability to the API?

daw.one wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:25 am
moss wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:51 pm The API is still a bit weak in that regard. Currently, you can only change the velocity and the length (but even that is a bit of a hack).
Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for clearing that up.
Is there an existing feature request we can vote on for adding extended note edit availability to the API?
I document all my wishes and bugs for the API here:
https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framework4Bitwig/issues

But is not official to Bitwig or for voting. If you want to make your voice heard, directly write to Bitwig.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
It seems the current release has a hard coded OSC client IP 127.0.0.1 (you can change the value but to no effect?). I have created a workaround for clients on other hosts, for example if you want a bi-directional TouchOSC client on a tablet within the same LAN. Unfortunately I had to recompile the extension, but I have put it up as a binary here: https://github.com/sorl/DrivenByMoss/re ... 4-touchosc (https://github.com/sorl/DrivenByMoss/releases/tag/6.4-touchosc)

sorler wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 am It seems the current release has a hard coded OSC client IP 127.0.0.1 (you can change the value but to no effect?). I have created a workaround for clients on other hosts, for example if you want a bi-directional TouchOSC client on a tablet within the same LAN. Unfortunately I had to recompile the extension, but I have put it up as a binary here: https://github.com/sorl/DrivenByMoss/re ... 4-touchosc
Yes, it is currently not possible to change this via the settings. I hope for an upcoming fix in v3.

moss -- flex modes are genius level work. thank you for all you do.

qq (and sorry if I'm missing something obvious) can I somehow include effects tracks in the "next item/ previous item" selection? I would like to get at my device parameters on my fx tracks with flexi+modes very much and can't quite.

again, thanks.

Noumena wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 am moss -- flex modes are genius level work. thank you for all you do.

qq (and sorry if I'm missing something obvious) can I somehow include effects tracks in the "next item/ previous item" selection? I would like to get at my device parameters on my fx tracks with flexi+modes very much and can't quite.

again, thanks.
I also could not find the fx volume to control...

Noumena wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 am qq (and sorry if I'm missing something obvious) can I somehow include effects tracks in the "next item/ previous item" selection? I would like to get at my device parameters on my fx tracks with flexi+modes very much and can't quite.
The trick is to use the command "Track: Toggle Trackbank". This switches to the effect tracks.

moss wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:51 pm Currently, you can only change the velocity and the length (but even that is a bit of a hack).
Hi moss,

are you going to port this "hack" to the drumsequencer, too?
Would be really usefull.

Cheers!

Return to “Controller Scripting”