DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Oh, one more thing. Is there any way to move the track bank by 1 instead of by 8 in the session view?

moss wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:54 am
Civa wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:05 am
moss wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:23 pm Yes, that would be nice but in contrast to Ableton, Native Instruments is not pusblishing their specification.
Moss, a couple of DJs didn't wait for them to publish, they just hacked the screens:

https://djtechtools.com/2016/09/23/hack ... d-layouts/

and here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 22/page-16

This is how I learned NI is using QML for the rendering.

I suspect their transmission to the hardware is precisely the same as the transmission to the Push 2
Intersting but it is "just" rearranging of the existing layouts. If you would want to do add a similar functionality to Bitsig you would need the low level specification of the communication protocol (there is a proof of concept out there but it includes a lot of problems).

Netsu wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:56 pm Oh, one more thing. Is there any way to move the track bank by 1 instead of by 8 in the session view?
I too would love for this ability to be added (to the Push/Push2 features). If this ability exists now, I haven’t yet stumbled across it.

Hi Jürgen,

many thanks for your wonderful extension... playing with Push for a couple of days - just wow!

One question:
Currently Push always shows deactivated tracks. Is it possible to ignore/remove these?

Thanks!
Alex

PS:

Another thing...
It would be cool to have a global setting for encoder rotation: normal or fine. Via Bitwig settings or/and User Screen in Push.
Normal settings are fine for production, but too much for mixing duties.

Netsu wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:54 pm Hi Jurgen, I wonder if you could help me out here. I used your script for APC40 mk2 in Bitwig 2.3.5 and made some modifications to it over time.
Now I updated to Bitwig 2.5 and the old script stopped working. Do you remember what you had to do to your APC4Bitwig script to make it work with 2.4 when it first came out? Maybe you could point me to a changelist on github?
There was only one breaking change, which was the color function.
Netsu wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:54 pm Also, I tried using the latest DrivenByMoss but there is no clip bank indication (the white rectangle in the clip launcher). Is this a known issue?
You are right, there is something messed up. Will be fixed in the next version.

Netsu wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:56 pm Oh, one more thing. Is there any way to move the track bank by 1 instead of by 8 in the session view?
Not in my implementation.

alexpen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:41 pm Hi Jürgen,

many thanks for your wonderful extension... playing with Push for a couple of days - just wow!

One question:
Currently Push always shows deactivated tracks. Is it possible to ignore/remove these?

Thanks!
Alex
Often requested but not possible.

alexpen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:59 pm PS:

Another thing...
It would be cool to have a global setting for encoder rotation: normal or fine. Via Bitwig settings or/and User Screen in Push.
Normal settings are fine for production, but too much for mixing duties.
Hmm, should be possible to do, will note it. But in general you know that you can already press the Shift key to slow down the change?

moss wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm Hmm, should be possible to do, will note it. But in general you know that you can already press the Shift key to slow down the change?
Yes, I know about Shift.
While mixing I use fine mode 99% of the time... pressing shift is not very convinient. Additionally, one could work with two hands.

So... it would be really great )

I released version 6.2!

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4.
  • APC40
    • New: Shift mode stays active until you release the Shift key.
    • Fixed: Clip indicator was not displayed.
  • Launchpad Pro
    • Improved 2 colors.
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • Fixed: Record option "Record clip" did not start recording when transport was stopped.
    • New: Adapted to protocol version 1.9
  • Midi Monitor
    • New: Log system realtime events
    • New: Setting to filter system realtime events
  • Push 1/2
    • New: You can now tweak the speed of the knobs in the settings (Workflow -> Knob Speed Normal / Knob Speed Slow)
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 am Push 1/2
  • New: You can now tweak the speed of the knobs in the settings (Workflow -> Knob Speed Normal / Knob Speed Slow)
Many-many thanks! This helps already!
For Knob Speed Slow I would even wish 0.1% If this is possible of course.

Thanks for the update!

I'm trying the Flexi script with a Line6 FBV Express (foot controller) to start/stop recordings. This works nice as long as you use CC for the buttons. But I would also like the pedal to control normal CC like Expression. But Flexi will only fulfill a slot when it is connected to a function.

Is it possible to bypass the CC of the pedal and let Flexi forward the CC? Are there any other methods to accomplish this? Or would it be an idea to have a bypass function in Flexi?

Regards

da10us wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:45 pm Thanks for the update!

I'm trying the Flexi script with a Line6 FBV Express (foot controller) to start/stop recordings. This works nice as long as you use CC for the buttons. But I would also like the pedal to control normal CC like Expression. But Flexi will only fulfill a slot when it is connected to a function.

Is it possible to bypass the CC of the pedal and let Flexi forward the CC? Are there any other methods to accomplish this? Or would it be an idea to have a bypass function in Flexi?

Regards
Sorry, I am not sure I understand what your question is. You want to control the different things with the same CC or ...?!

Hi Moss,

Is the Flexi Script a candidate for the following?

Right now I have a BCR2000 - I only want to use it to freely assign the rotaries and buttons to different functions in Bitwig (wet/dry, cutoff, volume etc), changing based on the project.

I can do this straight away with the flexi, without even having to set up any of the slots (in any case the slots don't allow you.

There are two limitations to this

1 Flexiscript does not update the endless rotaries when I move between projects. So if one rotary is at 90% controlling a wet/dry at 20% there will be a sudden violent drop.
2 It is possible to set up the BCR2000 so that different internal presets send data on different midi channels - but i have never been able to make Bitwig pay attention to the midi channel.

Is there a way to do this with flexi?

Thank you

Adrienne

Return to “Controller Scripting”