DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Thanks Moss, so I have to figure out if the M32 has the same MIDI mode as the MkII...

moss wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:52 pm
djpremacy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:32 am I made a mapping for Maschine Mk3 using your generic flexi script.
Moving from version 5.9 (created flexi script in 5.9) to 6.0 it now crashes with error:
Will be fixed in next version (6.1).
Great!! Thanks a lot!! Really appreciate the work you do for the community. Is there a way I can make a small donation to support you?

Hello,
i use the TouchOSC under Android with Bitwig 2.5. With Jürgens famous script.
Can someone tell me whether it is possible the clips are displayed in color. They are gray with me.
And the clips on my Android are different sorted. e.g Track one the clips are not from left to right. There are from up to down and only one clip (the third from the left in the first colum) gives me a visual response if i touch on the screem.

All is so nice ! Thanks Jürgen for this work. Only lightnig clips for a better respnce i do missing.

Thanks a lot !
Axel

dot.solenoid wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:07 pm
moss wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 pm
dot.solenoid wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:13 pm Feature request:

In device mode use the left/right buttons of "octave up/down pad" as assignable midi preset up/down commands.

The basic idea is to use midi command for selecting (preset up / preset down) presets in VST's (like omnisphere, thelegend etc). In Omnisphere you can use the midi/cc learn option and enable a host ID mode on every UI element.

Using the push 2 in device mode (selecting play, piano or drum) there is an octave up/down on the pad above shift/select. It could be handy to assign a midi/cc to the left/right buttons to control a "preset/patch up/down" function in instrument/effeects etc.

Which device are you talking about and what do you mean with "MIDI preset"?
I mean enable Push 2 cc63 and Push 2 cc62 when the push 2 "Device" button is on. This enables the CC63 & CC62 to be remapped for any VST to enable "next preset" & "previous preset".

Is anyone here using this script with a mac and Push 2?

Are you getting any Bitwig crashes to desktop with it?

I would really love to know, trying to figure out where the problem is.
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

reflekshun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm Is anyone here using this script with a mac and Push 2?

There are still issues with the drawing API on maxOS (that's why it is marked as Beta). Please send the crashlogs to Bitwig.

Hi ! First: thanks a lot for the Flexi Script, it's so usefull !
I'm using it with a midi foot pedal FCB1010 (UNO chip), it's working great.

I try since long to use it with a midi wind controller (Sylphyo), the midi CC work fine, I can set what I want but the probleme is I can't monitor the instrument anymore. When I use the generic bitwig script, it work fine, but with the flexi, I can select my midi controller IN and OUT, but When I add it in a instrument track, the monitoring icon doesn't appear and when I let the mouse on the IN selector, it's written "... - Generix flexi (missing)"
However, when I selected "all INs", my midi controller can play.

Can you help me? Have you any idea?

Mathieu

Hi moss, really enjoy my new M32 with DrivenByMoss Extension.

Question, in TRACH mode, clip navigation with the 4D button (left - right) seems reversed.

Am I correct?

joris.roling wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:04 pm Hi moss, really enjoy my new M32 with DrivenByMoss Extension.

Question, in TRACH mode, clip navigation with the 4D button (left - right) seems reversed.

Am I correct?
Yes, I asked the same question to NI but did not get answer, yet.

Mathiross wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:54 pm Hi ! First: thanks a lot for the Flexi Script, it's so usefull !
I'm using it with a midi foot pedal FCB1010 (UNO chip), it's working great.

I try since long to use it with a midi wind controller (Sylphyo), the midi CC work fine, I can set what I want but the probleme is I can't monitor the instrument anymore. When I use the generic bitwig script, it work fine, but with the flexi, I can select my midi controller IN and OUT, but When I add it in a instrument track, the monitoring icon doesn't appear and when I let the mouse on the IN selector, it's written "... - Generix flexi (missing)"
However, when I selected "all INs", my midi controller can play.

Can you help me? Have you any idea?

Mathieu
Not sure if I understood you fully. Are you running 1 or 2 Flexi scripts? Can you post a screenshot?

Ok, thanks for your reply.
Sorry, I didn't read the 49 pages, but maybe it doesn't work with 2 instances of the extension?

Here is a screenshot: https://ibb.co/2sz1XTd

Thanks for helping me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moss wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:04 pm
reflekshun wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 pm Is anyone here using this script with a mac and Push 2?

There are still issues with the drawing API on maxOS (that's why it is marked as Beta). Please send the crashlogs to Bitwig.
Thanks for the info, I've been sending crashlogs to Bitwig, the last response I got is that it's hard to figure out because it's so random and hard to reproduce. Hopefully that will change at some point!

Unfortunately I can't keep using it and sending crash logs because its too disruptive to making and playing music! Trying my best :)
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

Mathiross wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:16 pm Ok, thanks for your reply.
Sorry, I didn't read the 49 pages, but maybe it doesn't work with 2 instances of the extension?

Here is a screenshot: https://ibb.co/2sz1XTd

Thanks for helping me!
Hmm, cannot reproduce that. Can you please post a picture of what is in the input drop down menu?

Ok, as often ,i'm in an exception :)
I don't want to bother you with that, I just found another simple solution with the generic device + 8 knobs.
I just had to map X Y Z movements of my wind instrument, no need of more.
Anyway, thanks a lot again, Flexi is so usefull with my fcb1010 !!

Hi Jurgen, I wonder if you could help me out here. I used your script for APC40 mk2 in Bitwig 2.3.5 and made some modifications to it over time.
Now I updated to Bitwig 2.5 and the old script stopped working. Do you remember what you had to do to your APC4Bitwig script to make it work with 2.4 when it first came out? Maybe you could point me to a changelist on github?

Also, I tried using the latest DrivenByMoss but there is no clip bank indication (the white rectangle in the clip launcher). Is this a known issue?

Return to “Controller Scripting”