DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Is anyone having any issues with Push2Display with the latest version?

I'm getting "Error in command array: No enum constant push2bitwig.model.ChannelType.Unknown"

Wasn't happening in the previous version.

Any help would be good.

Thanks
Marc

shaboogen wrote:Is anyone having any issues with Push2Display with the latest version?

I'm getting "Error in command array: No enum constant push2bitwig.model.ChannelType.Unknown"

Any help would be good.

Thanks
Marc
You also need to run the latest Push2Display version. It needs to read 1.4 in the title.

moss wrote:
shaboogen wrote:Is anyone having any issues with Push2Display with the latest version?

Any help would be good.

Thanks
Marc
You also need to run the latest Push2Display version. It needs to read 1.4 in the title.
Cheers, I just overwrote the folder as opposed to deleting it and for some reason it was loading 1.3 still.

All fixed now, thanks.

Hi , need help,please
Planing to buy Bitwig but can not turn on Push 2 display
Push 2 Display application not starting with run.command
Last login: Fri Apr 27 15:03:05 on ttys000
Dmytros-iMac:~ dimadjembe$ /Users/dimadjembe/Documents/Bitwig\ Studio/Extensions/push2display/run.command ; exit;
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Mac OS 10.11.6, Java 8 update 171, Bitwig Studio 2.3.2(demo)

The flexi controller is truly a gift. Just saved me hours of scripting and a ton of Nerves. Thanks so much for that! :clap: :pray:

Hey, not sure if you saw this but just didn't want it getting lost in the discussions of the awesomness of the new flexi script. What do you think of the split idea below?
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
moss wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I came across this video below of a launchpad script with a very useful note layout that mimics a keyboard layout.
This "Piano layout" is available on Push and the next upcoming release of DrivenByMoss will also add it to the Launchpad.
Awesome. Is there also a sequencing mode where the keys are shown on the bottom half and the top is teh sequencer for the selected (or lat triggered) note? That looks really useful.

Hey I had an idea that came out of a common need I have to be able to trigger clips at the same time as access notes of a given track (for one shots). Normally I'd have to use two devices since something like Push forces you to use the pads either for clips or notes, but not both (that i know of). I think it would be really cool to have a mode where one half of the pads (like the top half) was in clip triggering mode and the other half (bottom) was in note mode. And with the option to chose between either isomorphic, drum pad or key mode. It would be really useful for when you only have the Push, because then you have simultaneous access to notes of a selected track and clips.

Dear Jürgen,

Is there any chance you could make a bitwig script for the faderfox UC4? It would be great to control the mixer and devices in bitwig. It has similar functionality to the apc40, minus the clip launcher.

thanks!
ke10g

Please excuse me if that is obvious, but in the drum-sequencer wiki I see :
Since the APCs have only 5 rows of clip buttons the selection/play grid has only 3 rows and the notes have only 2 rows. Press the left/right cursor to switch to row 3 and 4.
Is the cursor the bank select arrow-pad ?
Also, the drum machine is a 4*4 grid, how do you select the upper row ?

Also, there is a bug with the upper row of encoders on the APC40MKII. When you assign them to controls (user mode) they only work correctly if a track exist at the position of the encoder (ex: if there are only two tracks in the project, the encoders 3 to 8 keep resetting to zero). Same behavior when there are for example 13 tracks in the project and, say track 9 is selected, then encoders 6 to 8 do not work correctly (they keep resetting to zero).
This makes sense when using PAN or SENDS modes but not with USER mode.

Thank you a lot for the flexi script, Moss.

Would it be possible to add support for controlling parameters such as scrolling through presets and plugins with a rotary encoder?
Right now it seems like it's only possible with buttons.

Jürgen you are a HERO man :) Thank you for this. Now my 2 controllers Push 2 and KK MK2 are supported in Bitwig.

I still have 3 questions :

1- In the Changelog for KK MK2 we can read :
Known Issue: You can only edit 1 Komplete Kontrol instance in a project (needs to be fixed by Bitwig and/or Native Instruments)
What is the problem exactly ? is this problem present in Ableton Live as well ?

2- The NIHArdwareService is a layer that exposes the KK2 API I guess ? are all the API features used today (Aka do you see any future enhancement for the script / activation of new functionalities that are not present yet in the Ableton Integration today ? )

3- For Push 2 in the change log we can read :
New: Drawing of Push 2 display is now fully integrated. No external application is needed anymore
Displaying EQ, Comps, Waveforms.. is something doable at this stage ? if not, the limitations are with Bitwig APIs ? what are they ?

Many thanks for your time, really really appreciated...

Amazing, thanks for the Flexi!!

A few thoughts, could it be possible to?
- Assign more than one function to the same button/CC. And maybe even call them in that orden, a bit like "one button macros".
- Have access to shortcuts (such as: duplicate, delete ect)
- Option not to send note values to tracks (some controllers use notes instead of cc)

Cheers!

Please , Help
Is it possible to roll back to an older version of firmware Push 2.
I installed Ableton Live 10.0.2 B7 and it has updated the firmware to 1.0 Build 63 and this may be the reason that Push 2 Display does not turn on with script DrivenByMoss(9.51) for Ableton Push 2

Storing a configuration:

In the upper part there is the Ex-/Import section
Enter a file name in the text, where to store the settings to (or read from). On Windows and Mac you can click on the Select button to choose a file. On Linux you have to type the file name.
Click on Export to store the setting.
Click on Import to load a configuration (make sure you export your current configuration first)
So I did this but where is it saving the file to? I can't find it.

(edit Ok figured it out)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Hey I had an idea that came out of a common need I have to be able to trigger clips at the same time as access notes of a given track (for one shots). Normally I'd have to use two devices since something like Push forces you to use the pads either for clips or notes, but not both (that i know of). I think it would be really cool to have a mode where one half of the pads (like the top half) was in clip triggering mode and the other half (bottom) was in note mode. And with the option to chose between either isomorphic, drum pad or key mode. It would be really useful for when you only have the Push, because then you have simultaneous access to notes of a selected track and clips.
I am not so sure about that, I would rather vote to use a second device.

Return to “Controller Scripting”