DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

DrivenByMoss 5.20 is online!

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Ableton Push / Push 2 11.04
  • New: Use Shift+Octave Up/Down in Drum Sequencer modes to move the pads by 4.
  • Fixed: Marker mode was broken.
Akai APC40 / APC40mkII 5.20
  • New: Changed Nudge- to Undo and Nudge+ to Redo.
  • New: Flipped functionality of "Detail View" (is now "Toggle plugin window") and Shift+"Details View" (is now "Step through the layout perspectives").
  • New: Drum sequencer: The highlighted grid in the drum machine now only show the 12 pads. The scene buttons 1/2 move the pad view by 4. The scene buttons 4/5 move the pad view by 12 (previously 16).
  • Fixed: "Step through the layout perspectives" did not work on some display profiles.
Generic Flexi 2.2
  • New: Added commands to control Browser filter columns 7 and 8.
  • New: Added Browser mode.
  • New: Added absolute mode for toggle buttons.
  • New: Added support for MMC.
  • New: Added "Transport: Rewind" and "Transport: Fast Forward"
  • New: Select buttons in Parametermode select parameter pages instead of devices.
  • Fixed: Removed duplicated function "Transport: Set Crossfader", use "Master: Crossfader" instead.
  • Fixed: Mode knobs did always use relative mode 1, even if 2 or 3 was selected.
  • Fixed: Values of Track-, Volume- and Parametermode were not reflected correctly back to the device.
  • Fixed: Prevent console warnings when values go out of bounds in relative modes.

Generic Flexi 2.2 !!
Thanks for new mode added :tu:
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

These DrivenByMoss scripts seem awsome! Any chance the Maschine Jam will be added to this collection? The default script looks a little limited in some points and there isn't any sign it will be developed any furhter.

This guy allready mad some huge improvements, but for some reason can’t share his script: https://youtu.be/BmXdgMpwY8g

I think one other huge improvement would be to bank/switch the remote control pages of a device in macro mode. Bitwig has lots of standard device pages and its easy to custom preset pages. And lets not forget the modulator pages. The quickest way to jam automation into bitwig.

I think there is alot of potential in the Maschine Jam, but it still needs to be unlocked by a Moss script :wink:

Did you try this script?
Maybe this script has that features. :)
(and modulator pages are automatic add to remote control pages.)

https://github.com/marctdt/Bitwig_MaschineJam
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

strovoknights wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:02 am Did you try this script?
Maybe this script has that features. :)
(and modulator pages are automatic add to remote control pages.)

https://github.com/marctdt/Bitwig_MaschineJam
I'm testing this script at the moment. Thanks for pointing it at me!

Still interrested if DrivenByMoss has any plans to build a Maschine Jam script :)

Hi,
Flexi vers. 2.20 in BW 2.5.Beta 7 (PC)
i have problems with select previous bank page. Select next bank works fine and jumps to track 9, 17 etc. but when selecting previous bank page it jumps back from track 17 to 16 and then, when pressing again, to track 8, when now pressing next bank page again , it jumps to track 9 at first and then to 17.
Am i doing sth. wrong?

Unsure if this has been answered in the thread already, but I was taking a quick look through the DrivenByMoss code and saw some entries for the Komplete Kontrol A-Series and the Komplete Kontrol M32.

Would I be right in assuming that support for these keyboards is coming at some point? (soonish hopefully, it'd be rad to finally be able to use this keyboard as it was intended to be used).

Thanks

Hi,

I am having some issues with my new Launchpad Pro.

1. I've got the scrips installed.
2. Bitwig detects everything.
3. I press session view and that works fine.
4. I press Note and I get a strip of orange at the bottom, no lights, white strip, no lights, 2 white strips.
5. I press Note again and nothing happens.
6. I press Device and all lights turn off, I can press the top pads and the columns lights up different colours.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I just tested a little further and when I press Volume, Pan or Sends all of the lights turn off.

Hi
you don't use scripts anymore

you now use the Drivenbymoss extension
I have a LPP and it works as it should
make sure you put it in the correct folder

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi - new user here. I'm using the Launchpad mk2 and the latest drivenbymoss (5.2), and cannot get Bitwig's scene UI to scroll with the Launchpad when I use the left-right arrow keys. I can see the 8-scene selection block highlighted in Bitwig and this scrolls, but the UI does not and remains fixed on the first 10 scenes. Is this possible? I searched the KVR thread and couldn't find a solution....?
52766747_10155693252986548_3859842501384863744_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

turbo_kev wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:22 am Hi
you don't use scripts anymore

you now use the Drivenbymoss extension
I have a LPP and it works as it should
make sure you put it in the correct folder

cheers
kev
Sorry I should have said extension, as thats what I have installed.

Hey there Jurgen, thankyou so much for these amazing scripts - I have a fairly basic question and apologies if this has already been asked and answered: I use the APC40mkII in bitwig 2.3 and was wondering if there is some kind of modifier you can press to make the encoders move in smaller increments, in the same way that holding shift and dragging the mouse enables finer control

Stoatley wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 am Hey there Jurgen, thankyou so much for these amazing scripts - I have a fairly basic question and apologies if this has already been asked and answered: I use the APC40mkII in bitwig 2.3 and was wondering if there is some kind of modifier you can press to make the encoders move in smaller increments, in the same way that holding shift and dragging the mouse enables finer control
The problem is that the encoders are absolute and not relative.

Slipgate wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:41 pm Hi,

I am having some issues with my new Launchpad Pro.

1. I've got the scrips installed.
2. Bitwig detects everything.
3. I press session view and that works fine.
4. I press Note and I get a strip of orange at the bottom, no lights, white strip, no lights, 2 white strips.
5. I press Note again and nothing happens.
6. I press Device and all lights turn off, I can press the top pads and the columns lights up different colours.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
That sounds like the Shift button is somehow stuck?! Your step 4+5 is toggling through the sequencer modes, which are accessed with Shift+Note (when the grid is off you are on the Drum 4 and 8 modes), are the mode names displayed in Bitwig? Can you reset your device, maybe some global settings a screwend up?!

Return to “Controller Scripting”