DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

joris.roling wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm @killmaster

I've writen some instructions here: https://github.com/jorisroling/axyz-gems#installation
  • Only the the Axyz Gems.littlefoot should be copied to the ROLI->Littlefoot folder.
  • It does not need to be executable.
  • After installing the script, quit ROLI Dashboard, and restart it again.
It should now show the new version.
Does that work for you?

The Axyz Gems.flexi file can be in the same folder, by can be anywhere really.
Thank you! seems to work now! much appreciated!

vincenzoml wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 am I want to send *notes* to instrument tracks. Not the *selected* tracks, but the tracks that have *input* set to the launchpad.
I understand what you are after but it does not work. You are right that midi is sent to the channel with recording and/or monitoring enabled but that is not the whole story. Also the scales and midi filters need to be applied and those are tied to the different play modes which are tied themselves to the currently selected track.
Nevertheless, I guess you can reach your goal with what I suggest before; use one controller only for playing (dont use audio channels) and one for clip starting.

I need a little help although I suspect I am probably missing something.

Basically when I browse to the samples tab using my push 1 and select something it makes a sampler containing the file. That is ok much of the time but sometimes i just want the loop. I know i can do it using keystrokes but i would prefer to use the push.

Any ideas?
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

joris.roling wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm
Does that work for you?

I'm unclear how to access or import the Axyz Gems.flexi script into your script, or where or how to use it.

ericj23 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:30 pm I need a little help although I suspect I am probably missing something.

Basically when I browse to the samples tab using my push 1 and select something it makes a sampler containing the file. That is ok much of the time but sometimes i just want the loop. I know i can do it using keystrokes but i would prefer to use the push.

Any ideas?
1) Enter Session Mode
2) Press the Browse button and keep it pressed
3) Press a pad (= a clip slot)
4) The browser starts
5) Select a clip or sample
6) Press Browse again to confirm

Thanks. And the prompt response makes me respect you and what you have done even more.
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Dear Moss, thanks for your reply, that clarifies the thing.

Using the launcphad only for notes is not sufficient, since I could always select an audio track by mistake. But indeed, I can press "setup" and switch the launchpad to note mode. I get no faders then, but for the piece I was playing now, I could do without :)

On the other hand I have to say that recording audio from instrument tracks is not a very good idea, since it does not add fades at loop point; so I'll perhaps return to recording notes with automation. I'll see.

Hi Moss, I just got an APCmini and I used your script for just about 2hours and it's great, but I experienced one annoying thing.
The script stopped working after I pushed a button (I don't know what I did wrong), so I thought about plugging the APC off and on again.
This actually helped but (now the annoying part) the LEDs stayed off. Is there a command, I could write in the script console, for initiating the leds again?

otherwise it's really great! thanks!
(btw. I'm using 2.4.3)

killmaster wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:40 pm
joris.roling wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm
Does that work for you?

I'm unclear how to access or import the Axyz Gems.flexi script into your script, or where or how to use it.
In Bitwig Setup -> Controllers you should manually add the Generic -> Flexi driver, (by Jürgen Moßgraber), set MIDI in + out to Lightpad (or Seaboard), and then find the Import button at the bottom. Select the Axyz Gems.flexi file on your system, and your good... 😃

moss wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:25 am
stamp wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:25 am Hi moss,

I finally upgraded to version 2 of Bitwig. I'm on Push 1. First thing I tried was longpress on note to change lenght and velocity. Nice! But why does it work on a quarter basis instead of sixteenth? It there a way to change this? Maybe I'm missing something here...
Do you think you can add this functionality also to the drumsequencer and the polysequencer?

Thanks!
That's a current limitation of the API. There is no method to move notes.
Thanks for clarifying.
Will write to support.

zonk1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:03 pm Hi Moss, I just got an APCmini and I used your script for just about 2hours and it's great, but I experienced one annoying thing.
The script stopped working after I pushed a button (I don't know what I did wrong), so I thought about plugging the APC off and on again.
This actually helped but (now the annoying part) the LEDs stayed off. Is there a command, I could write in the script console, for initiating the leds again?
I am afraid that is the problem of the APCmini, I have the same effect with mine that it just dies from time to time. The only way out is then to unplug and plug it in again.

joris.roling wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:02 pm In Bitwig Setup -> Controllers you should manually add the Generic -> Flexi driver, (by Jürgen Moßgraber), set MIDI in + out to Lightpad (or Seaboard), and then find the Import button at the bottom. Select the Axyz Gems.flexi file on your system, and your good... 😃
Thank you Joris!

moss wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:46 am I am afraid that is the problem of the APCmini, I have the same effect with mine that it just dies from time to time. The only way out is then to unplug and plug it in again.
Thanks for the answer moss.
When I restart Bitwig, the LEDs are back....so maybe there is a way.

Hello Moss!

Since a few days ago I have problems starting the extension "Komplete Kontrol S49 mk I". It crashes on start of Bitwig or when I try to add it in the Controller settings.
I receive the error: "Komplete Kontrol S49 mk I crashed" and "bvl: Could not open device: Entity not found".

What could possibly have happened? I really miss being able to see the parameters in the keyboard knob displays which was a fantastic improvement!

I'm using the version 1.10 from DrivenByMoss v 5.10.
Bitwig v2.4.3, Windows 10.

Best regards,

Svante

Edit: Turns out to be a recent Win 10 update that messed with the NI driver.
Works again after de-installing the latest update...

Return to “Controller Scripting”