DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:48 pm It's just no longer mapping Komplete Kontrol 2 (S Series Mark 2) to device params for some reason, I can still learn them but the automapping is not working using the flexi script.
I tested it and it worked fine for me but the configuration can be a bit fiddly now. Check if the values are really set after a restart of Bitwig. You need now to have selected the exported configuration file.

What exported configuration file is that?

moss wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:51 amBitwig uses Java 8. You might not experience any problems but there are certain differences (even if you compile with Java 8 compatibility). E.g. in my case the memory allocation crashed which is needed for the Push 2 Display.
Thanks for the tip! Bitwig doesn't seem to indicate this anywhere in their official documentation, unless I missed something...

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:39 pm What exported configuration file is that?
Look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DkBlhR09g
Last edited by moss on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dgmulf wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 am
moss wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:51 amBitwig uses Java 8. You might not experience any problems but there are certain differences (even if you compile with Java 8 compatibility). E.g. in my case the memory allocation crashed which is needed for the Push 2 Display.
Thanks for the tip! Bitwig doesn't seem to indicate this anywhere in their official documentation, unless I missed something...
Simply because there is no documentation at all for Java development with Bitwig. But help is near, I will release a video about this end of next week.

moss wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:56 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:39 pm What exported configuration file is that?
Thanks I see it's very different. So what I had before was the Komplete Kontrol Mark 2 script allowing control of transport and related functions and I was using Flexi to control 8 device params plus enable me to assign the 8 white KK Mk2 buttons to Page scroll, Device scroll, and to bring up the mixer, devices, notes and automation panels. Can I still do that?

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:14 pm
moss wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:56 am
Thanks I see it's very different. So what I had before was the Komplete Kontrol Mark 2 script allowing control of transport and related functions and I was using Flexi to control 8 device params plus enable me to assign the 8 white KK Mk2 buttons to Page scroll, Device scroll, and to bring up the mixer, devices, notes and automation panels. Can I still do that?
Yes, you still can do it. The only difference is that because of the changed user interface Bitwig is not storing automatically your settings. That's why you have to export it to a file. If you have exported your settings in the previous version you can still load it in 2.0.

Done that but it's still not responding. I can midi learn the KK2 knobs but they do not get automatically picked up by devices any more nor to the other flexi functions work although the Transport script is

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:00 pm Done that but it's still not responding. I can midi learn the KK2 knobs but they do not get automatically picked up by devices any more nor to the other flexi functions work although the Transport script is
Sorry, no real idea what's going on with your system. What OS are you on? Please send me your configuration, maybe I can see something there (PM on KVR).

is there any promise with the akai fire (fl studio controller) as a bitwig controller? Simple but effective, for fl at least.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am is there any promise with the akai fire (fl studio controller) as a bitwig controller? Simple but effective, for fl at least.
I own an Akai Fire, and I agree it would be a nice match with Bitwig. I'm toying with the idea of scripting it myself, but I can't guarantee if or when that will happen.

Hi moss,

is it a bug or it is not possible to use undo button when session record enabled? Only when session record disabled I am able to undo recorded notes.

Thank you.

Push2 | MacOS 10.4.3 | bitwig 2.4.3 | DBM 5.01

moss wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:44 pm
killmaster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:09 pm In the Remote Controls Editor, I see no way to manually select what type of data the parameter is delivering. For instance, I'm trying to map remote controls to switches that have 3 possible positions and toggle which has only 2, in the case of ACE and Buchla synths.

The continuous value (1-127) dial mappings work fine, but these toggle and switch parameters do not. In the manual it says that Bitwig will detect the type of data being accessed but it doesn't for me. Microtonic has switches and toggles which map, but always map to a continuous dial. They work but are inconvenient cause of the amount of dial turning required. In the case of ACE, the lists and switches and toggles map to a dial instead of the correct button type and the dials don't work at all.

Is there a trick to this?
You should contact Bitwig support.
I just heard from Bitwig about this and the problem is Bitwig only know the parameter type for its own instruments, not VSTs...

afaik VST 2's don't publish that sort of information (not sure if other formats like VST3 do better)

Any chance of Maschine MK3 support?

Return to “Controller Scripting”