DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Moss!

Firstly let me thank you for all the incredible work you've done with all this. You've made my life so much easier!

I've got a question for you. Is there a way I could setup an OSC command to always access the same peramiter of the same device without having to first select the device/page in question?

Something like... /track/@{parent.variables.n}/selected + /device/sibling/@{parent.variables.n}/selected + /device/param/1/value. It be amazing if it were possible to specify exactly which track, device, page, and peramiter all in one address. Of course this is all black magic to me so I don't know what's reasonable to expect.

Thanks again for everything!

I'm happy to release DrivenByMoss 4.0!

Native Instruments Maschine Mikro Mk3
  • Initial release
Mackie MCU - Changes 2.63
  • Fixed: Crash if Marker mode was selected and Assignment display was enabled.
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol 2 S49, S61 - Changes 1.20
  • Fixed: Mute and Solo did not work on Hybrid tracks
Tutorial video for the Maschine Mikro Mk3:
https://youtu.be/KBIkoGOPBzM

Enjoy!

Great work on the controller.

I'm using a push 1 and running BWS 2.3.5. but the controller (drivenByMoss-2.0) has a problem in sequencer with long key press to change note length/velocity, as it creates notes in wrong octave. I see that there is a likely fix in DrivenByMoss-4.0, but this will require BWS 2.4.

Is there a way to get this fix in in DrivenByMoss-2.0? I can't afford another upgrade at the moment so kind of stuck with what I have.

Thanks

Hypo Intellect wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:55 pm Great work on the controller.

I'm using a push 1 and running BWS 2.3.5. but the controller (drivenByMoss-2.0) has a problem in sequencer with long key press to change note length/velocity, as it creates notes in wrong octave. I see that there is a likely fix in DrivenByMoss-4.0, but this will require BWS 2.4.

Is there a way to get this fix in in DrivenByMoss-2.0? I can't afford another upgrade at the moment so kind of stuck with what I have.

Thanks
This fix is in Bitwig not in my extension. So, there is no way around it.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Moss,

All of your work on this project is just amazing. Very impressive ... great job!

I am trying to piece together a solution for a rather specific use case. I'd like to be able to push one of a group of buttons on a secondary controller to change the scale/mode (Major, Minor, Dorian, etc.) or key (C, D, E, etc.) on a Launchpad Pro (my primary controller) that is using DrivenByMoss. Stepping through scale/key settings using the arrow keys on the Launchpad does not lend itself to quick, realtime changes between scales/keys while playing. My secondary controller is currently using Generic Flexi. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this?

One approach could be to simply do it in the DAW and use Bitwig's Transposition Map and a (missing?) "Note Selector" (similar to Instrument or FX Selector devices) to switch between transposition maps for each scale. I've had trouble trying to implement this entirely within Bitwig (limited support for "radio buttons"). A more interesting approach could be to add an API to your DrivenByMoss software to allow a secondary controller to send commands (perhaps using OSC or MIDI) directly to the Launchpad Pro (primary controller) to change its internal scale or key state. Such a "Control the Controller" API could be generalized to remotely change other DrivenByMoss controller states as well. I have a feeling this would enable many interesting possibilities for realtime, two-handed performance and faster, more efficient DAW control.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ... have a good day.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi Moss,

Thanks for this great extension for bitwig!

My latest project is to use the Launchpad Pro as a live instrument (together with Bitwig) and for that I have added a "feature request" (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/issues/102 (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/issues/102)) to be able to seamless change track/instrument when playing in note mode.
I hope this is possible (and not a limitation in bitwig)

I also found a potential bug (using Launchpad Pro) :
While in horizontal session mode and record arm selected the pad selection is offset one pad to the right.
ie: to select clip one, I need to press pad number two (the pad right to the expected pad.
The same function in vertical session mode work correctly.

I have filed an issue for this as well (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/issues/100 (https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMoss/issues/100))

Again, thanks for this great extension!

Just released a little update 4.01:
  • Ableton Push / Push 2 11.01
    • New: Push 2: You can now use Delete+Touch knob in the Setup mode to reset the values to its default.
  • Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol 6.11
    • Fixed: Changed midi channel range for /vkb_midi to 1-16 to be consistent to all other numberings, which start with 1. Furthermore, fixed the documentation which indicated 0-16.
  • Novation Launchpad Pro & MkII 3.44
    • Fixed: Flipped session view triggered the wrong clips
    • Fixed: Temporary modes Rec Arm, Track Select, Mute, Solo and Stop Clip did not return to previous views.
Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Enjoy!

Hi Moss,

I really love working with this extension for push 2! Thank you for all the hard work.

Since I installed the extention I noticed lots of crash to desktop (during playback but when I'm not touching any controls) which I thought originally was from updating Bitwig (I did it at the same time as getting push 2). So I sent 3 crash dumps to Bitwig, and they responded 'it seems to be related to the extension rendering gfx for the Push 2 screen.' So I thought I would post them on this thread - Here are the 3 crash dumps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6tsq9arih3sv ... s.zip?dl=0

I noticed on every dump, something like this occurs in the crashed thread:

0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff6801fb66 __pthread_kill + 10
1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff681ea080 pthread_kill + 333
2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff67f7b1ae abort + 127
3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff67f431ac __assert_rtn + 320
4 libcairo.2.dylib 0x000000012a756952 cairo_scaled_font_destroy + 425
5 libcairo.2.dylib 0x000000012a7578c2 cairo_scaled_font_create + 1053
6 libcairo.2.dylib 0x000000012a72a4db _cairo_gstate_ensure_scaled_font + 125
7 libcairo.2.dylib 0x000000012a72a44c _cairo_gstate_get_scaled_font + 18
8 libcairo.2.dylib 0x000000012a725c08 _cairo_default_context_get_scaled_font + 21
9 libcairo.2.dylib 0x000000012a71f5d6 cairo_text_extents + 120
10 libcairo-graphics.jnilib 0x00000001082b6477 Java_com_bitwig_graphics_cairo_CairoGraphicsOutput_getTextExtents + 55
11 ??? 0x000000011669b547 0 + 4670993735
12 ??? 0x00000001168060e4 0 + 4672479460

A friend of mine is suggesting that multiple threads are trying to access Cairo, because threads aren't locked. I'd love to use my push 2 with Bitwig, but I'm afraid I have to deactivate it for all my important projects for now. Hopefully this can help (if in fact it is the extension which is responsible, still not 100% sure). Please let me know if I can collect any more information that will help and I will happily do it!
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

reflekshun wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 pm Since I installed the extention I noticed lots of crash to desktop (during playback but when I'm not touching any controls) which I thought originally was from updating Bitwig (I did it at the same time as getting push 2). So I sent 3 crash dumps to Bitwig, and they responded 'it seems to be related to the extension rendering gfx for the Push 2 screen.' So I thought I would post them on this thread -
Yes, Bitwig devs are already aware of some problems with the new drawing API. That's why it is still marked as Beta. I hope that with your reports it will be easier to fix these things, but sadly I cannot do anything about it.

Anyone trying Presonus Atom with DrivenByMoss Flexi?
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Hi Moss,

I just received a Nano Kontrol Studio and I have tried to make an script for the controller. I tried to use one of the korg nanokontrol2, because it looks similar, but I have no idea how to identify those CC variables values for my nanokontrolstudio....

Therefore I wanted to ask you if you could make a simple script for it, or help me creating or reusing the one from the nanokontrol2, if you have time.

Thanks a lot for your work :)

Hi Moss its your Favorite NON musician here

I just got my xmas present the Icon Platform M Plus

Could you please advise me on how I set it up to use with your script
I got it going with the built-in script

when I use your script the READ button always stays red
is there a way to turn it off

sorry to be a pain but if you don't ask you don't learn

cheers
Kev
Last edited by turbo_kev on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi Moss

I've not been able to use OSC extension for some time now.
It crashes Bitwig to desktop as soon as I send any OSC messages on Port 8000 from my Jazz Mutant Lemur.
It used to work with earlier versions.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT!!
Wow after a long time it's fixed with Bitwig 2.4.3
It didn't work with 2.4.2 but there is an OSC fix in 2.4.3 and at last it's working :D :D
The notes for 2.4.3 say " Fix for crash caused by corrupt OSC messages"..and it's fixed.

New video online about how to setup Komplete Kontrol MkII to make it work with multiple Kontrol plugin instances:
https://youtu.be/4kUuio1BOQk

Return to “Controller Scripting”