DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

ilmai wrote:Thanks for the reply, that's what I was actually trying to ask: does it automatically map to device panel knobs. Based on this and what moss posted above, KK is looking quite attractive for my next keyboard :D
To clarify: Kontrol 2 does not support editing of devices (besides their own Komplete plugin) with any DAW! With Bitwig you can work around the problem by also using Generic Flexi and mapping it to device editing in the Kontrols MIDI mode.

A little update 3.11 is online with some fixes:
http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Novation Launchpad Pro & MkII - 3.43
  • Fixed: Navigating tracks with left/right cursor was broken.
  • Fixed: Shift (Mixer) was broken on MkII.
Ableton Push / Push 2 - 10.20
  • New: If drum channel autoselect is active, try to keep the pads device if it is selected for editing.
  • Fixed: Drum channel autoselect: Pad had to be pressed twice to select the channel if moving back from a pad > 32 to a pad < 32.

Cheers Mr Moss
I am now going to try it out

thank you for the fixes

Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Moon14 wrote:
Yokai wrote:The crash seems to be non-fatal. After clicking "Restart" everything seems to behave normally.

To reproduce:

DrivenByMoss 10.10
Bitwig 2.4
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, i5 2500, 16 GB RAM, Audient iD-14, Geforce 1080

1. Make sure the Push 2 is OFF.
2. Start up a new instance of Bitwig.
3. Turn on the Push 2. Crash message appears.
4. Click "Restart" in the crash dialog and everything seems to work okay after that?
I tried to do as you said but it still does not work... I have "buU: Could not open device: access denied (insufficient permissions)" and I click on restart but he always sends me this message :(
I will try to reinstall everything but I do not think it will work so much
Could it be you have Ableton Live running too? We can reproduce that error if Live is running because Live will open the USB connection to the Push controller and it cannot be opened by more than one process at a time. If you quit Live then it should work in that case.

I hope they add fire to this list of supported controllers ;)

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Amazing software, latest update to bitwig and the push2 software is leaving me with a bug that crashes the bitwig audio engine after steady input from the push2. It's easily reproducible, but doesn't always happen after the same amount of time.

Input from an SLmk2 and Apc 40 mk1 do not produce the same audio engine crash.
Tested with both jbridged VST and also internal Phase4 instruments.
Live is not running and shouldn't be extending requests to the push2.
Deleted extensions for clean reinstall.

*edit* attached video of crash, usually it just says "Click to activate audio engine" in bitwig but this time it included an actual error log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86jig7v79qdpm ... 3.MOV?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/86jig7v79qdpmxr/IMG_7953.MOV?dl=0)

(and apparently since i had to create a new acct since i don't remember my 15 year old login for KVR I'm not sure if the above link is visible?)

Win7, Dual E5 Xeons 32gig ram, RME Fireface,

Digll wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:05 am Amazing software, latest update to bitwig and the push2 software is leaving me with a bug that crashes the bitwig audio engine after steady input from the push2. It's easily reproducible, but doesn't always happen after the same amount of time.

Input from an SLmk2 and Apc 40 mk1 do not produce the same audio engine crash.
Tested with both jbridged VST and also internal Phase4 instruments.
Live is not running and shouldn't be extending requests to the push2.
Deleted extensions for clean reinstall.

*edit* attached video of crash, usually it just says "Click to activate audio engine" in bitwig but this time it included an actual error log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86jig7v79qdpm ... 3.MOV?dl=0

(and apparently since i had to create a new acct since i don't remember my 15 year old login for KVR I'm not sure if the above link is visible?)

Win7, Dual E5 Xeons 32gig ram, RME Fireface,
Are you running the 2.4.1 RC2? They supposedly fixed this particular crash condition in 2.4.1 RC1. Log into your Bitwig account and see if the RC2 Download is available in the “Beta” section.

nickallen wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 am
Moon14 wrote:
Yokai wrote:The crash seems to be non-fatal. After clicking "Restart" everything seems to behave normally.

To reproduce:

DrivenByMoss 10.10
Bitwig 2.4
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, i5 2500, 16 GB RAM, Audient iD-14, Geforce 1080

1. Make sure the Push 2 is OFF.
2. Start up a new instance of Bitwig.
3. Turn on the Push 2. Crash message appears.
4. Click "Restart" in the crash dialog and everything seems to work okay after that?
I tried to do as you said but it still does not work... I have "buU: Could not open device: access denied (insufficient permissions)" and I click on restart but he always sends me this message :(
I will try to reinstall everything but I do not think it will work so much
Could it be you have Ableton Live running too? We can reproduce that error if Live is running because Live will open the USB connection to the Push controller and it cannot be opened by more than one process at a time. If you quit Live then it should work in that case.
Hi Nicholas, sorry for the tardy reply but I just now saw this. The crash happens without Ableton or any other software in the background. It’s strictly dependent on order of startup. Bitwig first = crash. Push 2 first = no crash.

About two days ago when I bug reported this against 2.4.1 RC1, Support asked for my controller console messages, and I sent in the messages appearing both with crash (Bitwig first) and without crash (Push 2 first).

Hi Moss, thanks for the awesome Generic Flexi! I actually renewed to Bitwig 2.4 as you added device page command with 1.2 :)

But I was hoping the "device page" command was in parallel to "device set parameter" - this would allow to directly map 64 knobs of my controller to 8 device page x 8 parameters on VST synth (now I am still limited to mapping 8 knobs).

Q: Is this something you could implement in future update (or any other tip how I could map more than 8 knobs to virtual device)?

[Update: device page midi mapping > 8 seems to be a challenge viewtopic.php?f=268&t=511972]

hi moss! Thanx again!!

But anyone knows what this does or means?
Because ive got it always on autoselect and cant see whats the use. :oops:

New: If drum channel autoselect is active, try to keep the pads device if it is selected for editing.

hey..i can`t get the kontrol s mk2 to work in bitwig 2.4(windows).. only the play and stop button works,but not the record or any other button..and nothing shows in the mixer,and i can` t navigate with the big "joystick" etc.. i have installed the latest script(1.10)..
what am i doing wrong? all this worked on 2.3..
i added the kkmk2 manually as "Komplete kontrol-1"

edit: Nvm,i restarted the kkmk2 and now it works.. :dog:

codec17 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:29 pm hi moss! Thanx again!!

But anyone knows what this does or means?
Because ive got it always on autoselect and cant see whats the use. :oops:

New: If drum channel autoselect is active, try to keep the pads device if it is selected for editing.
If you are editing the device in the drum pad and play the pad the focus was moved up to the drum device. Now the device is selected again so you can continue tweaking while playing the pad to hear your changes.

DrivenByMoss 3.20 is online!

Changes are:

Ableton Push / Push 2 - 11.00

Requires Bitwig 2.4.
  • New: Added Poly Sequencer.
  • New: Push 2: Added Piano roll display (press Clip twice).
See the tuorial video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34TyU0A2fDk

Wonderful! Thanks so much, Jurgen!!!

That's sooo cool ! thanks !

Return to “Controller Scripting”