DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

turbo_kev wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:08 pm
moss wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:56 am
turbo_kev wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:33 pm Hi Mr Moss
I have noticed that there is a firm wear update for the icon m+
should I update it ?
or wait until you say its ok

cheers
kev
Not sure, which version you mean. Last updates I see are from 2018 but should be fine.
At the moment im on V.205
but there is a v2.09 beta
cheers
kev
With the update installed I keep getting " INDEX O OUT OF BOUNDS FOR LENGHT O "
I never had this before I updated the icon

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:08 pm
moss wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:56 am
turbo_kev wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:33 pm Hi Mr Moss
I have noticed that there is a firm wear update for the icon m+
should I update it ?
or wait until you say its ok

cheers
kev
Not sure, which version you mean. Last updates I see are from 2018 but should be fine.
At the moment im on V.205
but there is a v2.09 beta
cheers
kev
Since upgrading the icon I keep getting this " INDEX O OUT OF BOUNDS FOR LENGTH O "
CHEERS
KEV
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 pm Since upgrading the icon I keep getting this " INDEX O OUT OF BOUNDS FOR LENGTH O "
CHEERS
KEV
Please post the full exception from the script console.

moss wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:16 pm
Enrize wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:33 pm Hi Moss. The UNDO button on NI KK M32 is not working. v.8.60.
Will be fixed in the next update (as well as Quantize and Metro buttons).
Cheers! :tu: :hug:

moss wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:26 pm...
Jurgen, how is Komplete Kontrol M32 supposed to work with the script? All I can get from it is moving between tracks, mute/solo, changing the volume of selected or master tracks with first two encoders, moving the transport with the big knob and transport buttons. Evertything else as described for Ableton - which your script is supposed to do? - doesn't work or I'm too stupid to achieve?

How do I control the remotes on a device? How do I change the remotes banks? How do I move between devices in a chain? Is this even possible?

Please help :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

aon wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:56 am Many thanks for the update!

Question regarding Note Repeat, in Ableton it´s possible to quickly change the speed of the repeat using the row of button (1/32t to 1/4), that´s critical when recording drumrolls etc. The speed buttons doesn´t seem to be used in "Drum Mode" (4x4 grid) so maybe it could be implemented there?
Check out the new option to put the repeat period and length on the ribbon! I think that is much more fun than the buttons.

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:04 am
moss wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:26 pm...
Jurgen, how is Komplete Kontrol M32 supposed to work with the script? All I can get from it is moving between tracks, mute/solo, changing the volume of selected or master tracks with first two encoders, moving the transport with the big knob and transport buttons. Evertything else as described for Ableton - which your script is supposed to do? - doesn't work or I'm too stupid to achieve?

How do I control the remotes on a device? How do I change the remotes banks? How do I move between devices in a chain? Is this even possible?

Please help :)
The features that (all of) the Kontrol Keyboards provide are very limited. On the Mk2 I did the trick via the Delete button but on the smaller devices (A-series, M32) this is simply not possible. Up to my knowledge also not in Ableton. What missing features of the M32 do you mean?

moss wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:21 amWhat missing features of the M32 do you mean?
I meant those listen in the pdf file on the bottom of this page. I'll have to see how it works in Live.

I'm really disappointed with M32 because most of the buttons or the big wheel doesn't send CC (or any MIDI), so even with Flexi I can't do much more than map the knobs to remotes :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

moss wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:26 pm
turbo_kev wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 pm Since upgrading the icon I keep getting this " INDEX O OUT OF BOUNDS FOR LENGTH O "
CHEERS
KEV
Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Preconditions.java:64)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Preconditions.java:70)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Preconditions.java:248)
at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Objects.java:372)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:458)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.AbstractBank.getItem(AbstractBank.java:70)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.AbstractBank.getItem(AbstractBank.java:23)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.mode.track.TrackMode.updateKnobLEDs(TrackMode.java:167)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.lambda$flush$0(MCUControllerSetup.java:189)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1540)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.mcu.MCUControllerSetup.flush(MCUControllerSetup.java:176)
at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.extension.GenericControllerExtension.flush(GenericControllerExtension.java:63)
at D2o.pxg(SourceFile:31)
at UVM.fJ1(SourceFile:263)
at yTb.lTJ(SourceFile:81)
at UVM.jJc(SourceFile:248)
at Y3Y.DVW(SourceFile:329)
at nfk.gBO(SourceFile:213)
at bEx.run(SourceFile:91)
at nfk.run(SourceFile:102)

turbo_kev wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:10 pm
moss wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:26 pm
CHEERS
KEV
Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.

moss wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:09 pm
hexfarmer wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:48 am This is driving me nuts, I feel like Im so close but cant figure this out.
The main things that I want is the Play mode with pad control (ability to change octaves)
If anyone sees what I am missing or doing wrong please let me know thanks!
Your settings look all good, the only difference to mine is that I have set CV/Gate channel to 2 but that should not make a difference.
Maybe one last idea: can you try to remove all channels? Maybe you have a MIDI feedback somewhere?!
can you be more specific? when you say try removing all channels, do you mean in bitwig? like all instrument channels?
if yes, I have done this, i have started a new default track with only one instrument channel.
this did not help.
or do you mean in midi control center?
or perhaps you are referring to actual hardware midi cables? (the arturia beatstep is the only midi device plugged into the computer other than sound card which has midi i/o however not used)

I have also tried re-copying the DBM extension as well as the image into midi control center...
same result.
it only "half works' and I cannot change mode.

What I would like to know is, has anyone actually tried using DrivenByMoss 7.60 with bitwig 3.0?

Perhaps 7.60 works well with bitwig 2.5 but not 3.0?
I am in this odd space (between 3.0 and 3.1 so cant use 8.60) and want to make sure I am not chasing something that did not work in the first place?

The reason I am suspicious is because it only 'half works'.
I'm under the impression that if I was doing something wrong then it would just not work at all?
Perhaps I am wrong.

I appreciate you trying to help as this is literally the only stumbling block right now thats preventing me from making music.
Next step will be buying another midi controller or upgrading bitwig to 3.1 but it is alot of money for a small upgrade (controller actually cheaper if its something like arturia minilab mk2)

hexfarmer wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:23 pm What I would like to know is, has anyone actually tried using DrivenByMoss 7.60 with bitwig 3.0?

Perhaps 7.60 works well with bitwig 2.5 but not 3.0?
I am in this odd space (between 3.0 and 3.1 so cant use 8.60) and want to make sure I am not chasing something that did not work in the first place?
I have 3.1 but from the Wiki it seems that 7.60 should run without problems on 3.0.

Hi Jürgen,

I'm using your Flexi driver a lot, thanks a million for providing it.
Especially for Device Parameters and Browser Navigation.
This works as expected, except that the "Browser: Browse Presets" seems to work only on the first device, even if another device has been selected. Is there a way the open the browser for the selected device?

Thanks,
Joris

PS I'm on DrivenByMoss v8.60 on Bitwig v3.1.2
Last edited by joris.roling on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Jürgen,

I just discovered your extension for BW, but i ran into some problems with my Beatstep controller.
  • I'm running Bitwig 3.03 (my update plan has just finished) on Win10-64b;
  • I downloaded v7.60 of the script from your homepage;
  • the provided template has been loaded through Arturia's MCC;
  • MIDI channel 1 is selected.
Here are some problems I went through:
  • when I change modes with Shift+Pad, a 'note on' message (corresponding to the Pad I press) is sent
    [I would assume there isn't any 'note on' message sent when selecting a mode];
  • in play mode, if I switch to the Chromatic view (where only notes that are in scale are lit), the major scale in C seems not right when I switch from the bottom line of pads to the upper line;
    [To be precise, in my case, pad 9 is C, pad16 is G and pad 1 is G#, which seems incorrect regarding your wiki or your first YT video at 7:12, where I should have pad1 as D#, right?]
  • always in play mode, the base note and octave knobs have no effect on what is played;
  • when navigating in the browser, knobs are not corresponding to columns as shown on your YT video.
    [Knob#11 isn't on the third column from the left but on the small cell that is right under the second column and knob#15 is on the cell under the first column; not sure if it is what to expect]
The first three problems seem related to me; is the Beatstep still sending his "own" 'note on' messages?
For the last one, is this a change from BW v2.x to 3.x?

One last thing, maybe more on the BW side: I can't find the option that you are talking about in your 2nd YT video at 5:49 about scale layout. It doesn't appear in the controller settings page. Is this normal?

I hope there is something simple that I am missing here!

Thanks for sharing your work with everyone, with so many controllers handled and regularly updated, really kind of you!

Thanks
Arnaud

joris.roling wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:12 am I'm using your Flexi driver a lot, thanks a million for providing it.
Especially for Device Parameters and Browser Navigation.
This works as expected, except that the "Browser: Browse Presets" seems to work only on the first device, even if another device has been selected. Is there a way the open the browser for the selected device?
My bad, will be fixed in the next update!

Return to “Controller Scripting”