DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hey, awesome scripts. Thanks for your hard work!

I noticed some weird behavior for the knobs when using the Komplete Kontrol mk1 scripts. The amount of modulation is lower the faster you turn the knob. So if you're turning the knob fast, it will take a LOT of turning (like 3 full rotations) to get from 0 to 100%.

Currently I'm working around this by using the Flexi script and manually assigning the knobs to the device macros. This way, the knobs work properly, but the values aren't synced from Bitwig so it's not ideal.

Any ideas on what is causing this issue?

Bug report

On Launchpad Pro and SL Mk2:

I have been more tempted to use presets and I have noticed that I can only open the browser for synth/drum devices, but not for fx devices.

On SL Mk2:

The first row of knobs is sometimes acting strange, for example I turn them up but the value does not change or it go up and down, and it is need a few trys till it go to the desidered value.

Thanks.

Thank you so much for this script. :pray:
I am new to this extension (Push4Bitwig). I am using the session view a lot with my Push 2 and Bitwig and love it. I only see the 64 scenes, like descripted. Can I somehow change the view to the next scenes? I have my tracks split to scenes and will end up using 140 scenes or so for my set.

Best wishes,

Mortis
Win10 64bit, Bitwig (newest), Studio One (newest), Push 2 and more

https://soundcloud.com/maurice-camplair

Hi Moss, I am using new push 2 and your latest script. However when using command 'shift' touchstrip I can't seem to engage the modulation setting for touch strip? Is this possible or it only pitch and CC when using DrivenByMoss in Bitwig 3.0?
Stephanie Sante
Recording Artist, Producer and Boutique Label owner.
www.stephaniesante.com

ssante wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:54 pm Hi Moss, I am using new push 2 and your latest script. However when using command 'shift' touchstrip I can't seem to engage the modulation setting for touch strip? Is this possible or it only pitch and CC when using DrivenByMoss in Bitwig 3.0?
I figured it out. CC 1. Great scripting BTW. Thank you so much. I had a LPP but this Push 2 is so much nicer with visuals and all the extra functions.
Stephanie Sante
Recording Artist, Producer and Boutique Label owner.
www.stephaniesante.com

ssante wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:54 pm Hi Moss, I am using new push 2 and your latest script. However when using command 'shift' touchstrip I can't seem to engage the modulation setting for touch strip? Is this possible or it only pitch and CC when using DrivenByMoss in Bitwig 3.0?
There is no different behaviour when pressing shift. But if you Shift+Touch the strip you can change its behaviour in the display.

DeusMortis wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 pm I am using the session view a lot with my Push 2 and Bitwig and love it. I only see the 64 scenes, like descripted. Can I somehow change the view to the next scenes? I have my tracks split to scenes and will end up using 140 scenes or so for my set.
Yes, it is currently limited to the 64 scenes. Will put it on the wishlist.

Hello and thanks for the great work! Just have to say that first <3

I am kinda lost with the behaviour of the arrow keys of my Launchpad Mk2 (DrivenByMoss 7.60).
In Session mode, the left/right arrow keys select the next track/device but do not move the selection grid unless out of bounds.
Initially (when I first used the script) they moved 8 tracks at once, but I cannot find a way to reset it to this behaviour.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use the Auto Color script to colour all of my tracks grey by default - I much prefer having everything monochrome, and then colouring things only when I choose to. To do this I set Auto Color to color tracks based on the names "Inst " and "Audio " so tha every time I create a new track it defaults to grey.

Unfortunately, if I later decided to recolour one of the tracks, new tracks that I create are no longer created grey, but instead follow the standard Bitwig colour scheme.

I'd be very grateful for any helpful tips or ideas.

TIA

tyquinn@gmail.com wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:11 am Hi guys,

I'm trying to use the Auto Color script to colour all of my tracks grey by default - I much prefer having everything monochrome, and then colouring things only when I choose to. To do this I set Auto Color to color tracks based on the names "Inst " and "Audio " so tha every time I create a new track it defaults to grey.

Unfortunately, if I later decided to recolour one of the tracks, new tracks that I create are no longer created grey, but instead follow the standard Bitwig colour scheme.

TIA
Can you give some steps to reproduce?

@moss:

Got a Launchpad X tonight and still trying to wrap my head around things... Is there no way to create a new scene from the Launchpad? I see that I can create new tracks... and new clips in existing empty scenes with Shift+Double... but don't see a way to create scenes.

I'm hoping to use Bitwig + Launchpad X to do some live looping, so it'd be great to have a convenient way to keep adding clips if I run out of room on a track. Maybe I'm missing something simple?

Naenyn wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:29 am @moss:

Got a Launchpad X tonight and still trying to wrap my head around things... Is there no way to create a new scene from the Launchpad? I see that I can create new tracks... and new clips in existing empty scenes with Shift+Double... but don't see a way to create scenes.

I'm hoping to use Bitwig + Launchpad X to do some live looping, so it'd be great to have a convenient way to keep adding clips if I run out of room on a track. Maybe I'm missing something simple?
No, that is not possible, I added it to the wishlist.

listentofas wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:55 pm Hello and thanks for the great work! Just have to say that first <3

I am kinda lost with the behaviour of the arrow keys of my Launchpad Mk2 (DrivenByMoss 7.60).
In Session mode, the left/right arrow keys select the next track/device but do not move the selection grid unless out of bounds.
Initially (when I first used the script) they moved 8 tracks at once, but I cannot find a way to reset it to this behaviour.

Does anyone know how to change this?
Deleting the .prefs file did not solve it either :(

moss wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:42 pm
Naenyn wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:29 am @moss:

No, that is not possible, I added it to the wishlist.
Being the Java developer that I am, I've spent some time today looking at your controller script. I think I know what I'd change to accomplish what I'm looking for, but figured I'd run it by you first.

My thought is that, instead of looping through the slot bank to find an empty slot, check to see if the current slot is not empty. If it is not, get the current scene and duplicate it. Then, make that new scene the currently selected scene, clear out the current slot, and make a new one. Then, do the remainder of the code as it stands now.

Thoughts on my proposal? Thinking about giving it a try tonight, provided I figure out the terminology and am able to debug.

moss wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:07 am
tyquinn@gmail.com wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:11 am Hi guys,

TIA
Can you give some steps to reproduce?
Thanks for the reply Moss. After some experimenting, the easiest way to reproduce this (although it is slightly different to my original post):

1) Set the dark grey color in the Auto Color settings to "Inst,Audio" (or alternatively, "Audio,Inst" will yield the same results).
2) Create a new file
3) The default new file should create a track named "Inst 1", and a track named "Audio 2". These will be correctly colored so far
4) Select "Inst 1" with the mouse
5) Press ctrl+t to create a new instrument track. This will also be correctly coloured
6) Press ctrl+shift+t to create a new audio track beneath the current Instrument track, but above the original audio track. This will create a track that is not correctly coloured.

Hope that makes sense and is easy enough to follow.

Thanks for you work and help.

Ty

Return to “Controller Scripting”