DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:57 am
It worked in the past but there is a long standing bug which broke it: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... issues/140

Complain loudly ;-)
I will :tu:

Edit: Done submitting to tech sup.

pc999 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 pmI mean, sequencing drums loops is quite nice, but sometimes I wanted to sequence somethings in a linear fashion so the compositions is always evolving, specially melodies. It would be pretty nice if we could use the launchpad or the Push to sequence the whole track instead of just a small loop.
But Clip Launcher isn't only for drums? Why can't you sequence chords & melodies with it? And the clips can be as long as you need.

Obviously I'm not against sequencing the Arranger View, although I can't imagine how would that look like?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

paikan777 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 pm Hi , is there a way to map a off function , exemple arm off ? set arm = arm On , there is toggle , but no arm off or monitor Off for track basics :) Or am I missing something ?
Best regards :) / Stéphane
There is "Track X: Set Arm". Same for monitor.

Regarding more than 8 tracks: This would require a specific extension for each size, furthermore the number of functions would "explode".

antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:42 pm
pc999 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 pmI mean, sequencing drums loops is quite nice, but sometimes I wanted to sequence somethings in a linear fashion so the compositions is always evolving, specially melodies. It would be pretty nice if we could use the launchpad or the Push to sequence the whole track instead of just a small loop.
But Clip Launcher isn't only for drums? Why can't you sequence chords & melodies with it? And the clips can be as long as you need.

Obviously I'm not against sequencing the Arranger View, although I can't imagine how would that look like?
There is no difference between a clip in the clip grid or in the arranger view. So, the behaviour is the same. But the Arranger one is broken.

moss wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:45 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:42 pmObviously I'm not against sequencing the Arranger View, although I can't imagine how would that look like?
There is no difference between a clip in the clip grid or in the arranger view. So, the behaviour is the same. But the Arranger one is broken.
This I know (or suspect, at least) but how would one "sequence" in the Arranger? You can't - at once - on track #1 have clip playing from bar 1 and on track #2 from bar 9. That's what I don't get :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:24 pm
moss wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:45 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:42 pmObviously I'm not against sequencing the Arranger View, although I can't imagine how would that look like?
This I know (or suspect, at least) but how would one "sequence" in the Arranger? You can't - at once - on track #1 have clip playing from bar 1 and on track #2 from bar 9. That's what I don't get :)
You always edit ("sequence") the selected clip no matter if it is in the arranger or session grid and if it is playing or not.

antic604 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Maybe it is only a personal workflow thing, but I am curious to try as each time more I feel the need to put things in the arranger. Plus there would be no need to change the clips playing on the track I am not editing if they are already ordered.

Maybe further improvements would be useful or need, for example, go from one track to the other but keep editing at the same place. Eg, you're editing at the beat 36 of a pad track and put a Cmaj chord instead of a Minor, go to the bass track and keep editing directly at the beat 36 and put a pattern of C-E-C-E, then go to your melody track and edit directly at the beat 36 and make it a Cmajor arpeggio.

Maybe cool things could emerge from something like this.

I'm having a slight issue getting the CC messages to the 'MIDI modulator' when using the Flexi script.
e.g:
"MIDI modulator" is not learning/seeing incoming CC messages (even when set manually).
"MIDI Mappings" is learning the incoming CC messages.
"Controller Settings" is learning the incoming CC messages.

Interestingly, the "MIDI modulator" is learning ONLY the incoming CC1 message.
It can also read the incoming Pitch Bend fine too.

Is this a bug or am I setting it up incorrectly? Tried assigning CC2 in the controller options to a pedal and also without assigning anything to the pedal too.

Works fine using the Bitwig Generic Keyboard script.

Setup:
Keith McMillen SoftStep2 > BOME (passthru) > Bitwig (3.0.3) / Flexi Control Script (v7.40). Win10x64.

Thanks for advice or suggestions.

Raffi wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:08 am
moss wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 am [*]Native Instruments Komplete S-MkII, A-series/M32
  • New: You can now set the speed of the knobs in the settings.
[/list]

Enjoy!
Hi Moss,

Thanks for this! Unfortunately, I'm getting strange behavior with the rotary encoders after installing 7.40. When turning the encoders fast they jitter a lot, ultimately jitter towards 0% making them unusable with this version. Using 'SHIFT' (slow speed) eliminates the jitter.

Also adjusting the slow speed setting doesn't really influence a lot or at all (difficult to say).

Lastly, it seems the speed setting doesn't have a lot of freedom in terms of adjustment, it is very sensitive, everything above 10% is unusable...
Hi Moss,

Did you get a chance to read the above? I've posted it a couple of days ago, would love to have your feedback whenever you have the time.

Another small request on this subject; is it possible to implement an option to turn off the screen dimming to grey color of other tracks when soloing a track?

It's great in default mixer mode, but it's not when in Parameter mode as it colors all parameters in hard to read dark grey color, except one. Actually, most of the time when changing parameters I'm in solo which makes it difficult to use.

I guess it's currently a limitation to differentiate the solo state colors between different modes, but an on/off setting would help a lot for the ones which prioritize even colors in Parameter mode instead of the current mixer mode solo coloring.

Thanks Moss!

Raffi wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 am Did you get a chance to read the above? I've posted it a couple of days ago, would love to have your feedback whenever you have the time.
I am sorry but I cannot replicate that.
Raffi wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 am Another small request on this subject; is it possible to implement an option to turn off the screen dimming to grey color of other tracks when soloing a track?
It's great in default mixer mode, but it's not when in Parameter mode as it colors all parameters in hard to read dark grey color, except one. Actually, most of the time when changing parameters I'm in solo which makes it difficult to use.
All the screen drawing is handled by the NI-sefvice, which means I cannot change anything.
You can try to ask them.

Version 7.50 is online!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • Support for Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3
  • Launchpad MkII
    • Fixed: The Play and New functions in Shift mode were switched.
  • OSC
    • Fixed: OSC did crash on startup
    • Fixed: Calls to /track/x/clip did not work
Enjoy!

Hey,

Do you plan to add support for the Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 or the Launchpad X?

Thanks!

jaytwoeight wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:48 am Hey,

Do you plan to add support for the Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 or the Launchpad X?

Thanks!
Yep, should both be ready mid November.

Awesome. Thanks!

moss wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:59 am
Raffi wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 am Did you get a chance to read the above? I've posted it a couple of days ago, would love to have your feedback whenever you have the time.
I am sorry but I cannot replicate that.
Raffi wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 am Another small request on this subject; is it possible to implement an option to turn off the screen dimming to grey color of other tracks when soloing a track?
All the screen drawing is handled by the NI-sefvice, which means I cannot change anything.
You can try to ask them.
Thanks for getting back so quickly! Hmm strange that you cannot replicate it, I'm also having trouble with the Flexi script which I have to reimport (the settings file) every boot which always worked before. Something is wrong here. I will delete all scripts and redownload and try again...

Return to “Controller Scripting”