DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Has anyone tried using two Push 2s on a single Bitwig instance with this script? Does it work well?

SirKen wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:50 pm Has anyone tried using two Push 2s on a single Bitwig instance with this script? Does it work well?
Sorry, no idea. In theory yes, but not sure if the USB could create a problem. Maybe you can borrow one for testing.

I saw that push(2) does not follow the selection of the channels of multi-out channels on the laptop. It does work the other way around. I read somewhere it's hard (coding wise) to acces the communication with multi-out channels.

M-Prod wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:38 am I saw that push(2) does not follow the selection of the channels of multi-out channels on the laptop. It does work the other way around. I read somewhere it's hard (coding wise) to acces the communication with multi-out channels.
Yes, that is complicated since you can only monitor one level in the hierarchy and if you display layers it is a different one than in Bitwig. Hard to explain.

Hi,Moss.
Thanks for your hard work, and DrivenByMoss is really awesome tool for me.

I have a feature request for MCU devices Please.
In Bitwig controllers settings for MCU has a menu "Use faders like editing knobs".
It is very usefull and I'm using in some situations

I love "faders like editing knobs" mode,But I'm using not always.
I thought that is a more usefull function if it can be turned on and off depending on the scene.

My feature request is,
Please add a on/off switch for “faders like editing knobs" mode in F1~F5 menu.

I would use a on/off switch for "faders mode" in Popup Browser,Device Editor and Macros etc.
I thought it would going to quite usefull function!

My English is not good.
Thanks for read.
FeatureRequest_for_MCU Device.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

I Just used your flexi script for the First time. Amazing piece of work. It allows me to work without bome’s MIDI translator for most of the time.

Hey there, thanks for these awesome scripts! Because of them I bought a used Komplete Kontrol S25 - but the device can't be activated with DrivenByMoss - the power icon in the settings stays grey. With the normal NI-Script it's working. Anybody got an idea?

(This is what happens with the official NI-Driver installed. Without it the daw controller part seems to work - but I can't select the daw as midi target so the keys don't work)

Cheers!

Hey Moss the NI KK S series script works just as well on the s88 mkII as the others right? I just noticed on Github that only the 49 and 61 were mentioned.

By the way do any of the KK or Novation scripts have sequencing capabilities like Push? Maybe the SL Zero buttons could function like that. OR even the NI KK keyboard lights, not sure.

M-Prod wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:35 pm I Just used your flexi script for the First time. Amazing piece of work. It allows me to work without bome’s MIDI translator for most of the time.
Thanks!

Arntor wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:13 pm Hey there, thanks for these awesome scripts! Because of them I bought a used Komplete Kontrol S25 - but the device can't be activated with DrivenByMoss - the power icon in the settings stays grey. With the normal NI-Script it's working. Anybody got an idea?
The extension will not activate until you select the inputs. For MIDI select the input without an extension (not: "EXT, DAW") and there should be only one option for the USB connection.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:55 pm Hey Moss the NI KK S series script works just as well on the s88 mkII as the others right? I just noticed on Github that only the 49 and 61 were mentioned.
I wrote these docs when the 88 was not available but it should work fine. Give me some thumbs up when you tested it and I will add it to the docs.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:55 pm By the way do any of the KK or Novation scripts have sequencing capabilities like Push? Maybe the SL Zero buttons could function like that. OR even the NI KK keyboard lights, not sure.
The Launchpad scripts have the same sequencers as the Push. The SLMkIII has a basic sequencer. See my Youtube videos.

moss wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 pm
Arntor wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:13 pm Hey there, thanks for these awesome scripts! Because of them I bought a used Komplete Kontrol S25 - but the device can't be activated with DrivenByMoss - the power icon in the settings stays grey. With the normal NI-Script it's working. Anybody got an idea?
The extension will not activate until you select the inputs. For MIDI select the input without an extension (not: "EXT, DAW") and there should be only one option for the USB connection.
great, I got it working. thanks again for your amazing work.

moss wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:30 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:55 pm Hey Moss the NI KK S series script works just as well on the s88 mkII as the others right? I just noticed on Github that only the 49 and 61 were mentioned.
I wrote these docs when the 88 was not available but it should work fine. Give me some thumbs up when you tested it and I will add it to the docs.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:55 pm By the way do any of the KK or Novation scripts have sequencing capabilities like Push? Maybe the SL Zero buttons could function like that. OR even the NI KK keyboard lights, not sure.
The Launchpad scripts have the same sequencers as the Push. The SLMkIII has a basic sequencer. See my Youtube videos.
Cool, good to know. I'd like to get a grid controller, but I've already got a KK s88 mkII, a Novation SL mkI and a Novation Zero mkII, so I'm curious if something cheaper like a launchpad combined with what I have would cover the functions of a Push 2.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:55 pm Cool, good to know. I'd like to get a grid controller, but I've already got a KK s88 mkII, a Novation SL mkI and a Novation Zero mkII, so I'm curious if something cheaper like a launchpad combined with what I have would cover the functions of a Push 2.
It depends on what you are after. If you just want to start clips, any grid controller will do. If you want to program drums it should have velocity and I can only suggest Launchpad Pro, Push or Maschine Mikro Mk3 (if you don't need sequencing). If you want to play it like an instrument it is only Push.

Hello Moss,

Using driven by moss 7.31. VST like R4 reverb, elysia filter, mcompressor use on/off switches. If I assign them on the push 2 knobs they are very unresponsive: I need to rotate @ highspeed or turn the knob multiple times to switch on/off. Would it be an idea to adjust (lower) the required movement if the visual feedback is "on" or "off"?

Return to “Controller Scripting”