DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Thanks for your quick answer.
Yes in play mode it makes sense and it works well, but did you programmed too in sequencer mode that the selected notes must be immediatly written, even in overdub ? I suppose not (and I didn't see it on your youtube video (Push4Bitwig 11 (DrivenByMoss 3.20) - Poly Sequencer & Piano roll)
But it's effectively not the biggest problem. I do shift+new and it's ok.
And I've also changed the behaviour of the recording button, because it's a very dangerous button (all the clips in arrangement are ereased when you just play clips in the launcher, but I red that's a deliberate Bitwig feature).

The really annoying thing is those false stuck notes in every sequencer, even when not in overdub, as soon as I change the resolution (1/16 to 1/4 for exemple and then 1/8...).
If I begin a fresh song in 1 bar. 1/4, poly seq, the problem is immediate, a false note on the next bars, first beat.

EDIT : the problem came now even without changing resolution (1/8)and the first false pad was the only one note of the tested previous clip !!
It's just unplayable.
Precision : I've well the last version of Bitwig, not cracked.
If other people who read this post have encounter this problem, please let me know. :tu:

Hi, me again,
I've done another test :
Create in Bitwig 1 new song. 1 track.
On Push : mode note/poly sequ, resolution 1/4

I create a new clip directly in the launcher of Bitwig and draw 4 quarters with the pen tool.
---> the false notes-pads light also on the Push !!!
Then which is the first which made the mistake ? That's the question... :scared: :bang:

New song again
New empty clip in Bitwig
On the Push, ONLY the false pads are lit and stuck !!!
I must switch off-on the Push.

Invisble Man wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:57 pm The really annoying thing is those false stuck notes in every sequencer, even when not in overdub, as soon as I change the resolution (1/16 to 1/4 for exemple and then 1/8...).
If I begin a fresh song in 1 bar. 1/4, poly seq, the problem is immediate, a false note on the next bars, first beat.
I did some tests and it seems the first time you create a clip with New the 1/4 selection is not really active (strange combination of 1/16 and 1/4) and you see those strange notes. If you first switch to e.g. 1/16 and then back to 1/4 it works fine. After that it worked straight away for me. Need to do some more tests and find the cause but do not have much time today.

Regarding overdub: In the Note Sequencer it should never record additional notes. In Poly Sequencer it records the notes in the lower part.

Ok, thanks.
I don't know if you have red my last 2 posts, written at the same time than yours.
Do you have the last version of Bitwig ?
If so, could you please make this test ? :

-Create in Bitwig 1 new song,1 track, even without instrument.
-On the Push : mode note/poly sequencer, resolution 1/4
-Create a new clip of 1 bar in the launcher of Bitwig, and draw 4 quarters with the pen tool.

---> Do false notes-pads appear on the Push, on the next bars ??

Invisble Man wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:25 pm Ok, thanks.
I don't know if you have red my last 2 posts, written at the same time than yours.
Do you have the last version of Bitwig ?
If so, could you please make this test ? :

-Create in Bitwig 1 new song,1 track, even without instrument.
-On the Push : mode note/poly sequencer, resolution 1/4
-Create a new clip of 1 bar in the launcher of Bitwig, and draw 4 quarters with the pen tool.

---> Do false notes-pads appear on the Push, on the next bars ??
Yes, see that too. If I delete that clip and create a new one it works again. As I wrote there is something not initialised correctly in the beginning, have more time tomorrow to look into this.

Great, thank you sooo much !!
I thought it was just my Push.
Hope you will find the solution. But I have that with ALL the new clips.
Have a good night. :tu:

Great extension.
BW 3.0.2
DBM 7.21
I decided to reset my Beatstep Pro back to a default project. I can't seem to find the information on what I need to set the CC values for the BSP in control mode.
Below is what is happening the console window when the BSP is in control and knob setting is CC

Code: Select all

Called init()
Running.
Unsupported Midi CC: 10
Unsupported Midi CC: 74
Unsupported Midi CC: 71
Unsupported Midi CC: 76
Unsupported Midi CC: 77
Unsupported Midi CC: 93
Unsupported Midi CC: 73
Unsupported Midi CC: 75
Unsupported Midi CC: 72
Unsupported Midi CC: 79
Unsupported Midi CC: 91
Unsupported Midi CC: 17
Unsupported Midi CC: 16
Unsupported Midi CC: 19
Unsupported Midi CC: 18
Unsupported Midi CC: 114
Edit
Being an idiot..... forgot to reaload the .beatseppro file again. :dog:

Hi Moss, I'm using the Launchpad Pro with 7.20. I've read the manual many times, but I seem to be unable to figure out a fairly simple thing, so please excuse the basic question :-)

How do I select a clip without launching it? I have tried the arrow keys, however the up/down arrow keys are not lit up and do not seem to function, while the left-right keys seem to select tracks, but not clips. Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm really scratching my head.

tyquinn@gmail.com wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 pm Hi Moss, I'm using the Launchpad Pro with 7.20. I've read the manual many times, but I seem to be unable to figure out a fairly simple thing, so please excuse the basic question :-)

How do I select a clip without launching it? I have tried the arrow keys, however the up/down arrow keys are not lit up and do not seem to function, while the left-right keys seem to select tracks, but not clips. Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm really scratching my head.
Sadly that is not possible on the Launchpad Pro.

Does anyone have a working Faderport 16 configuration using DrivenbyMoss' MCU+EXT controller?

If I assign Faderport 1 to the first Midi in/out pair and Faderport 2 to the second in/out pair, the transport controls work, but the channel banks are flipped. That is, Channels 1-8 appear on Faderport 16 channels 9-16, and vice-versa. If I flip the MCU+EXT order (such that Faderport 2 is assigned to the first Midi in/out pair), then the channels are in the correct order, but none of the transport functions or faders work.

Is there a way to flip this so that the EXT channel appears to the right of channels 1-8, and not the left?

I'm using the MCU (Logic) configuration inside FaderPort 16 since (supposedly) this is the most 'generic' one in the device.

Invisble Man wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:44 pm Great, thank you sooo much !!
I thought it was just my Push.
Hope you will find the solution. But I have that with ALL the new clips.
Have a good night. :tu:
I prevent now that one can make settings on non-existing clips, which means sequencers are off if no clip is selected. I created a test version for you, could you please try if this fixes your problems?
http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/DrivenByMossTest.zip

YESSSSSSSSSS fantastic, it works !!!!!!!!!!!
You're a genius ! Thank you so much, I was so disappointed.
The strange thing is that nobody else has noticed this problem.
Have a nice evening/night, thank you again !!!

moss wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 pm
tyquinn@gmail.com wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 pm Hi Moss, I'm using the Launchpad Pro with 7.20. I've read the manual many times, but I seem to be unable to figure out a fairly simple thing, so please excuse the basic question :-)

Sadly that is not possible on the Launchpad Pro.
Ah, ok! Thanks for the quick response. I've been having an absolutely wonderful time with the Launchpad/Bitwig, thanks to the wonderful work you have done. Thank so much for developing the script

Invisble Man wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:23 pm YESSSSSSSSSS fantastic, it works !!!!!!!!!!!
You're a genius ! Thank you so much, I was so disappointed.
The strange thing is that nobody else has noticed this problem.
Have a nice evening/night, thank you again !!!
Great! Now I can have another wonderful evening testing the fix with all other controllers :-)

Return to “Controller Scripting”