New support for Mackie Control Universal (MCU) protocol is here!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi moss,
first of all thanks for your work. amazing to b able to use my push 1 with bitwig ,it s just fantastic . i was a mac logic pro user for 20 years and it really made me switch to pc and bitwig . i m trying to use my mackie logic control , booted the controller in the MCU mode , remember it s midi not usb but i patched it to my pc via a usb midi interface . look the controller is detected ; transport works but whenever i touch the faders or knobs , bitwig crashes trying to save (?) and i wonder if this is because i m not using a mackie control pro ,if i try to use the bitwig script ; it doesn t crash but whenever i use the faders its sends mute signal or solo signal , maybe i do something wrong here ....

DEEDRAH wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:29 am hi moss,
first of all thanks for your work. amazing to b able to use my push 1 with bitwig ,it s just fantastic . i was a mac logic pro user for 20 years and it really made me switch to pc and bitwig . i m trying to use my mackie logic control , booted the controller in the MCU mode , remember it s midi not usb but i patched it to my pc via a usb midi interface . look the controller is detected ; transport works but whenever i touch the faders or knobs , bitwig crashes trying to save (?) and i wonder if this is because i m not using a mackie control pro ,if i try to use the bitwig script ; it doesn t crash but whenever i use the faders its sends mute signal or solo signal , maybe i do something wrong here ....
You mean Bitwig crashes completely or my DrivenByMoss extension crashes? In the first case check the Bitwig log file in the later case the script console.

moss wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:26 pm
jtrance4ever4 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:56 pm I installed the script for the Mackie Control + 1 Extender......But the problem I have in Bitwig with the extender is that I cannot get the LCD Screen to show any of the track names on it like the main MCU control does?? I have the input and output ports set up correctly, Port 1 and Port 2...... Has anyone else had an issue like this before? Or any ideas on why this is not working correctly?
The extender unit just shows " MCU Extender PRO v4.0.3" across the display and never changes.......
It is only the display that does not work? Buttons and faders work?
I never had a real Mackie Extender so there might be the possibility that there is a difference.
Yes. I am having the same problem. Everything seems to work except the display.

dmi3000 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:12 am Yes. I am having the same problem. Everything seems to work except the display.
I never had the original extender for testing so there might be a problem but I cannot look into that.

Hi!
I'm using Bitwig 3.2.7 and I have MCU Pro Controller, OS is Win 10.
Bitwig recognizes MCU Pro without your driver so I would like to know do you recommend that nevertheless I should use your driver and install MCU Pro manually? Are there some benefits to that method?
Or should I use it as it is...

Thank you for your work!

And one more question :-)
Is it possible to record the automation using MCU Pro in Bitwig?
At the moment I'm trying to do that, but without success...

Update: I've managed to record volume automation, now I need to learn how to automate other parameters...

FerreroRocher wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:30 pm Hi!
I'm using Bitwig 3.2.7 and I have MCU Pro Controller, OS is Win 10.
Bitwig recognizes MCU Pro without your driver so I would like to know do you recommend that nevertheless I should use your driver and install MCU Pro manually? Are there some benefits to that method?
Or should I use it as it is...

Thank you for your work!
With DrivenByMoss you get many more features and options. But if you are already happy with what the stock implementation brings then there is no need to.

Return to “Controller Scripting”