New support for Mackie Control Universal (MCU) protocol is here!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vathek wrote: So do I understand correctly that it is not possible to have Bitwig Device Page 1 on MCU unit 1 and Bitwig Device Page 2 on MCU unit 2 etc? If so is that a limitation of the protocol or would this perhaps in the future be possible to implement?
"Weird" was targetted at how the API handles the paging of parameters, which gives you 8 or 9 parameters in a bank (not the sum of all parameters paged by X). Difficult to explain. So currently I cannot change that.

I implemented something similar in a script for the Platform M where I use multiple banks in parallel, so probably one bank per unit would be an option - but I don't know if and how this would fit in this general MCU script.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

moss wrote:"Weird" was targetted at how the API handles the paging of parameters, which gives you 8 or 9 parameters in a bank (not the sum of all parameters paged by X). Difficult to explain. So currently I cannot change that.
Ah, that's a bit of a bummer. Hopefully the devs can address this, but thanks for clearing that up!

A little update is available:

#2.3
  • New: The scrub button switches now through all modes (instead of only Track and Device).
  • New: Optimized display updates
  • Fixed: Modes did not update on all devices (when multiple ones are in use) when the mode change was not initiated on the main device.
Enjoy!

Awesome!

Another suggestion just came to me, whether it's technically possible or even a good idea for most people I don't know. But wouldn't it make sense to reduce redundancy and not switch to a track when moving the fader, but reserve that for pressing the select button? When working on a specific track I might want to adjust the volume of other tracks for context, but usually don't want to edit that track but rather stay where I am (after all Solo, Mute etc don't switch tracks either). No big deal as it is right now, simple press of the select button to return to the track I'm working on, but usually that's the scenario and not the other way around (but again, might be different for others).

Im probably being a complete n00b but Im not seeing MCU4Bitwig in the zip file.

Hoping to try this with my newly acquired MotorMix
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Im probably being a complete n00b but Im not seeing MCU4Bitwig in the zip file.

Hoping to try this with my newly acquired MotorMix
DrivenByMoss.extension contains all my Controller extensions.
See here https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... stallation

Faderport 8 user here.
thanks moss for the update. No crash here since the update!!

1. On the faderport 8 punch in and punch out does work with shift and the f6/f7 buttons. But bitwig won't jump do the arranger loop region if i record an armed track. Do i something wrong or has anyone else the sam problems?

2. How do i enable/disable devices when i am in parameters mode?

3. How can i switch between banks in parameters mode to access all of the paramter's device?

Thanks for any help!

browser is working very good with pan/parameter knob and the select buttons for Loctions, Category, tags etc.

So happy with your script!!!

Is there a option to switch between Devices/Presets/Multisamples/Samples in the browser?

hi moss,

Timeshift device parameters won't show off, when you are in parameters mode. All other parameters form other devices do function so far.

kind regards

Octanone wrote: 1. On the faderport 8 punch in and punch out does work with shift and the f6/f7 buttons. But bitwig won't jump do the arranger loop region if i record an armed track. Do i something wrong or has anyone else the sam problems?
Punch in/out works a bit different (this is not related to the controller). If punch in/out is enabled simply press/start play before the loop region. When the loop start is reached, recording starts automatically.
Octanone wrote: 2. How do i enable/disable devices when i am in parameters mode?
Device on/off is not implemented.
Octanone wrote: 3. How can i switch between banks in parameters mode to access all of the paramter's device?
Don't know if the Faderport 8 has such buttons. You need to have either buttons who send the MCU commands "BANK LEFT/RIGHT" or "MODE EQ/MODE DYN".

Octanone wrote: Is there a option to switch between Devices/Presets/Multisamples/Samples in the browser?
Sorry, no.

Octanone wrote: Timeshift device parameters won't show off, when you are in parameters mode. All other parameters form other devices do function so far.
Seems like the "Time Shift" device has no predefined parameters. Simply define them yourself and report to Bitwig as a bug.

Any idea why simply touching a fader on my Faderport 8 causes the track to be activated? This doesn't seem useful or intended... If I'm playing an instrument but I want to change the volume of a different track, my MIDI focus is moved when the fader-bound track takes the focus. What am I missing?

I hugely appreciate Moss's work on these scripts. What an amazing offering to the community. Thank you, Moss!!

I just released a little update:

#2.4
* New: Option to deactivate the automatic selection of track when the channel fader is touched.

Enjoy!

Return to “Controller Scripting”