Arturia Minilab MK I and MK II

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote a script for myself for the Minilab MkII. I don't know if anyone else would want to use it, since it's just one setup that is specific to my needs, but I uploaded it anyway because there is no other script that is working properly I think.

https://github.com/Nettsu/minilab-mkII-bitwig

Note that for the script to work you HAVE TO change all the knobs setting in Midi Control Center to "Relative #1".

[edit] Oh, one more import thing, this is for Bitwig 1.3! I don't have the 2.0 yet :D
Last edited by Netsu on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Added some settings to the Bitwig controller interface, now you can change knob speeds and select which macro is controlled by the touch strip.

Added the Bitwig rainbow colors to the pads, it can be disabled in the settings.

Simplified the script a little, basically replaced volume controls with freely mappable CCs, so it should be more general and useful to more people :)

Updated the script to Bitwig 2.0 and added more functionality to the pads, see the readme. Also the script is now tested with both Minilab MK I and MK II.

Hi Netsu,
script not tested for the moment (because I'm not sure about buying the Minilab mk2 or another model/brand of controller), but a big thanks however for your work !
Actually I really like the pads's sensitive response of the Minilab, but I need to be sure it can work with any linux midi software. Maybe you can confirm that ?
Thanks !

Depends on the software, note velocity and aftertouch are standard MIDI functionality, if the software supports it then it will work.

Nice thank you very much... :tu:

Very usefull here.

Hi Netsu,

First of all thanks a lot for your work!

I'm trying to use the script but something is bugging me. I went to the Control Center to update the knobs setting to Relative #1. I don't want to change the Device Memory #1 as it is set to control Analog Lab and I'd like to keep it, but if I select Device Memory #2 and following, your script doesn't work, and the keys themselves don't work.

Maybe you've got a hint on what I'm doing wrong?

Try to copy Device Memory #1 into slot number #2 and then change the knobs to relative there. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it would help as I sold my Minilab.

'pad 3 and 4 scroll though the remote control pages'

I'm trying to add this to my script for NI S series but for its buttons - keeps crashing it though when I click on a button ('out of range'?)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw6iyxpmpdmkj ... g.zip?dl=1

Also how do you make it work with relative mode?

I don't see any code for switching remote control pages in there, it may be crashing because it's trying to access a user control that doesn't exist. It looks like this:

Code: Select all

for ( var i = LOWEST_CC; i < HIGHEST_CC; i++)
	{
		if (!isInDeviceParametersRange(i))
		{
			var index = userIndexFromCC(i);
			userControls.getControl(index).setLabel("CC" + i);
		}
	}
Should be this:

Code: Select all

for ( var i = LOWEST_CC; i < HIGHEST_CC; i++)
	{
			var index = userIndexFromCC(i);
			userControls.getControl(index).setLabel("CC" + i);
	}

Thanks - I'm just using a template so don't really understand what I'm doing but no one else was going to make one so I gave it a go

I think moss just made a Komplete Control script:
viewtopic.php?f=268&t=502948

Netsu wrote:I think moss just made a Komplete Control script:
viewtopic.php?f=268&t=502948
Yeah but it's just for DAW functions (transport and mixer), not device control, which is more what I need.

In NI Series II keyboards it looks like these things are handled separately, all DAW functions are OSC based, which allows for the 'deeper integration', whereas devices are still using midi cc.

My script works alongside it, it automaps devices that have focus, I just need to add the panel scroll function without breaking everything.

Return to “Controller Scripting”