Request Arturia spark LE script

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks
cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

I have this controller and thought many times about doing it but.. Arturia has archaic sysex stuff that just doesn't make me want to try.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Hi
well for me I only want to be able to record the midi out from the pads in to bitwig studio
because it seems that the controller pads on the hardware just go straight to the spark software
by-passing the input on the inspector ? although the leds do move up and down
but when you look at sparkle device only the output leds flash and no input

so is that that possible ?

cheers
for your input
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi Turbo_kev,

There is a MIDI mode for SparkLE. It is activated by pressing the Proj, Kit and Instr buttons simultaneously. In that mode, SparkLE behaves like a generic MIDI controller.

You can use the MIDI Control Center application to tweak the messages sent by each control.

Best,
Seb
Seb

A script for the Spark CDM and/or the SparkLE as a dedicated Bitwig Drum-machine controller would be just awesome! :pray:

Who would be up for collectively financing such a project? :hyper:

Hey there,
If any of the Java/Javascripts programming gods are listening to my prayers, here is my little contribution to make the work easier in integrating those great Drum controllers to control Bitwig's drum machine and Sequencer. :hail:

I just made a list of all midi messages both Spark controllers are spitting out.
I used Midi Monitor and collected the data in a spreadsheet ( .ods or .xlsx)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjzo6vtv1yan ... Veita?dl=0

It turns out the implementations are radically different. Probably because the Spark LE and ipad integration project came after the release of the Spark v1.

Great work Mathieu! Are these the messages sent when the controller is in Spark mode or when in Midi control mode? And do you know which messages can be sent TO Spark/SparkLE, i.e. to turn on/off the LEDs? (Just curious, no script god here either.)

Thanks for your interest. I was a bit feeling alone on this...
That was in spark mode only which tends to be the default mode upon powering up.
I have no idea about the leds though.

Don't you think it could be worth asking Arturia to release the data, just like Ableton did with the Push? I mean, what do they have to loose after all?

Don't you think it could be worth asking Arturia to release the data, just like Ableton did with the Push?
I think if someone told them s/he was going to develop a Bitwig script, they would probably release that information, since it certainly would make Spark/SparkLe more attractive to Bitwig owners.

But come to think of it, what kind if script functionality would one actually like to see? If one wants to use the Spark VST (as I do), there is no room for additional knob assignments. So one would have to switch the hardware to Midi mode and back each time one is changing tracks which sounds awkward. Or are you planning to use the hardware without the Spark VST (or use the Spark VST as a sound generator only)?

I am thinking of using both controllers specifically to control the Bitwig Drummachine.

Btw. I have just updated the spreadsheet with all the messages used to light up the LEDs on both controllers (link above) . Now I only need to understand the sysex messages sent to display text onto the LCD screen of the Spark v1.
All help welcome If you have any knowledge about this kind of stuff.

Hi all,

could someone who has Sparkle post midiox or bome's translator log containing sysex messages?
Specially important is initial handshake response from controller to Spark app.
Sysex handshake question when (in software) you press 'Conect controller' is: F0 FE 7F 02 06 01 F7
and to write emulator, i would for start need response message/s from controller.
I will then post my findings here soon.

Greets
d

Return to “Controller Scripting”