Ableton Push support is here

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

pboy wrote:Thanks a lot, again! Is this the current page to download the new script?
http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

I see a zipped folder there named "DrivenByMoss.zip" and inside it I'm finding a folder named "push2display". Since this is the only one I already have inside my local "Bitwig Studio / Controller Scripts / Push4Bitwig" I have simply replaced the local "push2display" content. But I'm having crashes, so maybe there is another download URL with a complete setup of files needed? (using PUsh#1 here, BTW)
Yes, this is the correct download. Also note the link to the Wiki, which contains detailed installation instructions.
If you still have problems, please post them here.

I can't seem to get used to the arm record button combo (record + track). Arming is one of the things I use most on the push (1). I think it first worked just like in ableton a while ago, pressing once = select, pressing a selected track = arm.
Are there any plans to make it work with 1 hand? Or can anyone give me some pointers where I can change this behaviour in the code? I've tried to read through the code on github but I'm not sure where to look.

No one?

SB-SIX wrote:No one?
Yes. It was better before imo.
No option to change the behaviour :(

I also think the old behavior was more intuitive and hope for a possibility to change it in the settings.

I would gladly try to do it myself, but a quick note in what file I need to change this would be greatly appreciated

There is a new update available.

To make my life a bit easier I decided to centralise the info in one thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=502948

You can keep posting in this thread or in the new one, whichever you prefer.

Hi there , need help,please
Push 2 Display application not starting with run.command
Last login: Fri Apr 27 15:03:05 on ttys000
Dmytros-iMac:~ dimadjembe$ /Users/dimadjembe/Documents/Bitwig\ Studio/Extensions/push2display/run.command ; exit;
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Mac OS 10.11.6, Java 8 update 171, Bitwig Studio 2.3.2

I have the same error that dimadjembe is getting.

macgregor_oi wrote:I have the same error that dimadjembe is getting.
No, real idea. You can try to run the lines in the command file separately in a console and see what it prints.

Hi, I have the same problem, this is what happens when I run the command in a terminal window.
It is in the attached file, it would not let me upload the result of the terminal
Greetings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I followed the installation instructions for Mac and Bitwig is not seeing my Push 2. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Is there something that needs to be put in the controller scripts folder?

Please help me, I am dying to get out of Ableton....

Treebase wrote:I followed the installation instructions for Mac and Bitwig is not seeing my Push 2. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Is there something that needs to be put in the controller scripts folder?

Please help me, I am dying to get out of Ableton....
What do you mean by "not seeing"?

When I go into Bitwig Settings> Controllers, auto-detect finds nothing and there is no Ableton Push on the list in the menu for adding manually...

I have put the DrivenByMoss extension in the Documents/Bitwig/Extensions folder and run the push2display before starting Bitwig. Shouldn't there be something I have to put into the Controller Scripts folder as well?

Thanks for the response!

Treebase wrote:When I go into Bitwig Settings> Controllers, auto-detect finds nothing and there is no Ableton Push on the list in the menu for adding manually...

I have put the DrivenByMoss extension in the Documents/Bitwig/Extensions folder and run the push2display before starting Bitwig. Shouldn't there be something I have to put into the Controller Scripts folder as well?

Thanks for the response!
You only need the file DrivenByMoss.extension in the Extensions folder. If it is not showing up in the menu, you put it either in the wrong folder or the file is damaged.

Return to “Controller Scripting”