Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

#9.40 is released!
  • New: Support for pinning tracks and devices
  • New: Harmonized track navigation with master track. Pressing the button below the master track will move into the master tracks' devices. Going up from devices selects the master track.
  • New: Slowed down scrolling of crossfader assignment and scale knob.
  • New: When no device or layer is selected the button to go up to the tracks is still displayed.
  • Fixed: Grid notes were not updated when switched to effect or master track.
I will explain track and device pinning in 2 upcoming videos.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your hard work on this Moss, after watching your videos I managed to get myself a 2nd Hand push 1 and it is working great. The one issue I have is note re-triggering and the Pad Threshold doesn't help as it's just for initial hits. It's when using it as a keyboard and holding notes I'm getting re-triggers on the held notes very easily unless I press quite hard.

The unit has 1.16 firmware but the aftertouch sensitivity setting isn't there on the user screen which I thought may help (I can see it in Live so maybe it just isn't implemented for Bitwig). Googling this brought up very little so I'm wondering is it faulty or is it just a technique thing.

I'm sure I'll get used to it but thought I'd ask if anyone has any tips for improving it. Other than that my mind is literally blown.

Astralp wrote: The unit has 1.16 firmware but the aftertouch sensitivity setting isn't there on the user screen which I thought may help (I can see it in Live so maybe it just isn't implemented for Bitwig). Googling this brought up very little so I'm wondering is it faulty or is it just a technique thing.
If this happens also in Live I would say that the device is faulty.

moss wrote: New: Support for pinning tracks and devices
Oh boy! This is fantastic! :love:

Thank you!

Edit:
The videos you posted in the FB group:

https://youtu.be/lA4JJsxIcUU
https://youtu.be/EPjdhBtNNP0
https://youtu.be/PUL6lNHCQ18

Cool thanks :tu:

(When I saw the multiple controller videos I thought something like sequencing using multiple Launchpads :roll: , but it would be cool)
moss wrote:
pc999 wrote: Just wondering, any new things that will be on push 2 but not on Launchpad?
All the things that require a display, which the Launchpad has not.
Ok thanks, I think will try to save for some more time, maybe when I finally have the money there will be the Push 3 already :hihi:

moss wrote:
Astralp wrote: The unit has 1.16 firmware but the aftertouch sensitivity setting isn't there on the user screen which I thought may help (I can see it in Live so maybe it just isn't implemented for Bitwig). Googling this brought up very little so I'm wondering is it faulty or is it just a technique thing.
If this happens also in Live I would say that the device is faulty.
I'm a bit puzzled tbh, I was finding some severe inconsistencies in the pads in terms of pressure plus it was only sending channel pressure. So I unplugged and restarted Bitwig and it was back to poly pressure but over sensitive compared to previously and pretty much like the quNexus.

So I went back into Live and saw that the Aftertouch Threshold is set to 80 by default which is high but definitely makes it much more useable. However Live once again changed it to Channel Pressure presumably because Live doesn't understand Poly Pressure, and so it's impossible to know if it's even relevant to poly pressure at all and the only way to restore Poly Pressure is to switch off Push after having Live open. Is there any way you could add this option to your framework?

This is the blurb on Ableton:

"How does this parameter work?

The Aftertouch Threshold determines at which point Push will actually send Aftertouch data to Live. A value of zero means that Aftertouch is generated all the time (with this setting, Push behaves exactly as it did in Live versions prior to 9.2).

A setting of 127 impies that no Aftertouch will be generated at all.

The actual range of MIDI values sent to Live will be scaled up to match the standard MIDI resolution: for example, a setting of 80 means that the 47 available values (127-80) will be scaled up to send Aftertouch values from zero to 127."

Here's a little update:

#9.41
* New: Support for pinning the cursor device from Push.

Nice!

Love the script! Using the Push2 with Bitwig is phenominal! The raindrop sequencer is spectacular.

Two issues-

Is there a way to access the parameters for 3rd Party Plug-Ins from the Push?

Also,

Sometimes, when I try to sequence into a pattern- the notes show up on the screen, but it doesn't emit sound.

Thank you

OlafFerguson wrote: Is there a way to access the parameters for 3rd Party Plug-Ins from the Push?
First, map them to remote control banks in Bitwig.
OlafFerguson wrote: Sometimes, when I try to sequence into a pattern- the notes show up on the screen, but it doesn't emit sound.
Can you be more specific what happens and give some steps how to replicate?

Moss is there any chance you could add an option to set the Aftertouch mode to polyphonic for Push 1? The reason is that I have to open live to set the aftertouch threshold which makes it a lot more playable for me, but live switches the mode to Channel pressure. I then have to open midi-ox to run a sysex file to switch it back before opening Bitwig.

There is sysex in the Push 2 docs for setting the aftertouch threshold but I'm assuming that doesn't work with push 1 and why you haven't implemented it, so if the driver could at least set that it would save one step :)

This is the Sysex for setting poly Pressure:

F0 47 7F 15 5C 00 01 00 F7

Just release # 9.50!

Requires Bitwig 2.3.
  • New: Rearranged transport mode display (touch tempo or position knob). Added display of time signature.
  • New: Crossfade mode can now also be hidden on Push 2.
  • New: New option for Footswitches: Quantize the currently selected clip.
  • New: Push 1 and 2 are now always set to Poly Pressure when started.
  • New: Push 1 display was not updated correctly when there were non-ASCII characters in the FX parameter names.
Enjoy!

Great thanks Moss!

Ah, thnx Moss, that solves the poly pressure problem!

Thanks a lot, again! Is this the current page to download the new script?
http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

I see a zipped folder there named "DrivenByMoss.zip" and inside it I'm finding a folder named "push2display". Since this is the only one I already have inside my local "Bitwig Studio / Controller Scripts / Push4Bitwig" I have simply replaced the local "push2display" content. But I'm having crashes, so maybe there is another download URL with a complete setup of files needed? (using PUsh#1 here, BTW)
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

Return to “Controller Scripting”