Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

creal wrote: - the 3 values concerning the ...
Thanks for all the ideas!
creal wrote: - I have a message when switching off the Push 2 Display : "could not store to: C:\Program Files\Bitwig Studio\Push2Display\Push2Display.cfg" is that normal?
Make sure that the file is not write protected.

creal wrote: - session mode : use page buttons to scroll accross tracks, eight by eight
+100
well... +1000

And also in device mode move in banks of 8 parameter pages... this +10'000

Cheers!

stamp wrote:
creal wrote: - session mode : use page buttons to scroll accross tracks, eight by eight
+100
well... +1000

And also in device mode move in banks of 8 parameter pages... this +10'000
This would indeed be a fantastic improvement. :tu:

hi guys.
i'm thinking to buy push 1 or push 2.

so i want to know how much difference between push 1 and push 2 for bitwig 2 except visibility.

i don't mind much for visibility.
i want to buy more stable one for bitwig 2
i will use controller just for mixing.
- device control with plugin. (not using complicated vst which has 100 knobs. i just use 3rd party eq, comp, etc)
- grouped devices control (it is not stable with panorama p1)
- track volume, pan, send 1,2,3,4.. control (hope it is stable with selecting group track. i have panorama p1 and it sometimes not grabbing group's group track at all)

by the way how many sends per track can i control with push for bitwig?
i'm watching videos and push can only control 3 sends per track?

sorry repost
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

sorry repost

feature request:

it would be great to use the up/down buttons to select presets in addition to the select-preset-knob

workflow could be ...
browse > touch the preset knob > up/down is active
... one push up or down switches to the previous/next available preset.

atm it's easy to select a preset with the knob, but it's somehow hard to try one preset after another, because you need to focus on Push's display again and again checking your selection (I know the knob selection speed was slowed down, but the knob selection is not very handy in generall)
Ohne Titel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

E.D.L. wrote: it would be great to use the up/down buttons to select presets in addition to the select-preset-knob
You can already use the 2 button rows to switch to the next/previous presets (and the filters).
Furthermore, you can try if using the tempo knob suits you more, which changes the last touch column (filters or presets).

Oh cool ... sorry & thanks for the hint, moss! I take back the feature request! ;)

Hello moss,

I am just wondering when version 10 will be released for push2?
And I read in bws 2.3 beta 1 changelog that Open Sound Control is supported. Is that your scripts?

Thank you.

donstar wrote: I am just wondering when version 10 will be released for push2?
This depends on when the new APIs will make it in an official release.
donstar wrote: And I read in bws 2.3 beta 1 changelog that Open Sound Control is supported. Is that your scripts?
This simply means that the API now supports the OSC protocol. However, you still need to implement what commands are supported by OSC. So, OSC4Bitwig is still required but for me it means that I do not need to integrate an OSC library.

Hey Moss.

I just noticed below AT issue seems to be repeating now (Bitwig 2.3 beta 2)
The Live handshake cures it again too.

best,
Bert

AuralBee wrote:@ Moss

Deleted script and Push preferences & re-downloaded / re-installed script, no change.

If I don't do the Ableton handshake first, AT is channel & definitely not polyphonic.

After handshake, polypressure works again.

Additionally I noticed that pad sensitivity is very different after handshake first (more sensitive)

Hope this helps

Best,
Bert

moss wrote:
donstar wrote: And I read in bws 2.3 beta 1 changelog that Open Sound Control is supported. Is that your scripts?
This simply means that the API now supports the OSC protocol. However, you still need to implement what commands are supported by OSC. So, OSC4Bitwig is still required but for me it means that I do not need to integrate an OSC library.
Thank you for the answers. I have few more.

Is it possible with push2 to delete parameter automation lane? Or just reset parameter to default state? If not is this implemented in API?

Is it possible by using two controllers (push2 & Lemur OSC) control different tracks and not to folow one another? For example I have 16 track first 8 tracks contoled by push2 and other 8 tracks controlled by your OSC sript.

Thank you.

moss wrote:
Just wondering, any new things that will be on push 2 but not on Launchpad?

I am not asking if or what new feature will be there, but I am trying to save for a push but at this rate I am considering just to just buy the launchpad :? ...

pc999 wrote: Just wondering, any new things that will be on push 2 but not on Launchpad?
All the things that require a display, which the Launchpad has not.

Return to “Controller Scripting”