DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:13 pm Does the Push 2 script have the note repeat function?
Currently, not possible but will be available in the not too far future...

reinhardk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:44 pm Dear Moss,
I'm using your extension (DrivenByMoss-7.32) for Mikro MK3 (firmware 0.4.8) in Bitwig 3.0.3 - many thanks for your great work!
Unfortunately, I ran into some issues. Some of the functions you showed in your video are not working. E.g. when I press Select -> number, Bitwig reports that Mk3 crashed (Index: 36, Size 16). Same when I press Plug-In -> Variation -> number (Mk3 crashed with Index: 37, Size 16). And the worst thing is that the pads are not playing (no signal in Bitwig), whereas some other functions are working. For some reason, the pads worked once, but I have no idea why.
I restarted Mk3 / Computer / Bitwig etc. but nothing helps. Do you have an idea, what I can try to fix it? Mk3 works fine with Maschine 2 software (and with your Flexi script in Bitwig and when I test the pads in the midi mode in the Controller Editor).
Many Thanks!
I guess the settings are now mixed up since the release of the MIDI editor. I will include a template in the next update. Until then you can already get it here:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... twig.ncmm3

moss wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:59 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:13 pm Does the Push 2 script have the note repeat function?
Currently, not possible but will be available in the not too far future...
Ah ok, for some reason I thought it already did that. Maybe I'm remembering it doing that with Ableton Live. I used to own a V1 a while back and was thinking of getting a V2 for Bitwig. That raises a question actually - Were you going for feature parity with Push in Live? Is device specific stuff like sampler waveform editing even sure if that's possible in Bitwig?

Hello! AND HUGE THANK YOU!

Moss please disregard the PM I sent you, I am new to the KVR forum and did not realise the posts were listed in forward chronology.

I am using most recent release and Push1 with Bitwig.

Having an issue with the knob assignments of devices. While the text for each remote control shows up correctly on the Push (and in the remote control panel) the assignments of P1, P2 and P4 are not mapped to the knobs. The same behaviour happens on every device, P1, P2 and P4 remain unmapped to Push.

Please see screenshot.

Any help much appreciated, this Push integration is a complete game changer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SUGERMAN wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:12 am Having an issue with the knob assignments of devices. While the text for each remote control shows up correctly on the Push (and in the remote control panel) the assignments of P1, P2 and P4 are not mapped to the knobs. The same behaviour happens on every device, P1, P2 and P4 remain unmapped to Push.

Please see screenshot.
Hi, not fully sure what you are doing. Where is the P1 and P2 coming from? Seems not to be the Phase 4?! Is something changed in the device mapping?

Version 7.40 is online!

Tons of new stuff! Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4+.
  • New: Improved auto-detect of some devices
  • Ableton Push
    • New: Prevent to enter a layer which has no devices, previously the container device was
      selected instead which could be confusing
    • New: Added info to the browser mode about if insert or replace is happending and
      selected track.
    • New: Add device to layer instead of track if a layer mode is active (but there are still
      some Bitwig weirdnesses in that area)
    • New: Access to slot chains of devices
    • New: Added aftertouch processing to Drum and Drum 64 mode.
    • Fixed: Blinking on queued clips did not work
  • Launchpad Pro/MkII
    • New: All tracks are displayed (incl. fx and master track)
    • New: Shift-mode can now also be accessed from the Session mode. To access the Bird-Eye
      view of the Session mode long press the Session button.
    • New: Optimized Shift-mode, Scene buttons select (again) the Mix-mode of MkII, they
      have no function on the Pro. First row of buttons select the length of new clips
      on both models.
    • New: Pro: Added aftertouch processing to Drum and Drum 64 mode.
    • Fixed: Blinking on queued clips did not work
    • Fixed: Page Left LED indication in Note and Raindrops Sequencer was not correct.
    • Fixed: Play in Shift mode of MkII did not work (triggered toggle loop instead).
    • Fixed: Mixer-LED on MkII was not lit.
    • Fixed: Play-Layout was not set when first time switching between Session and Play.
    • Fixed: Stop-Clip mode could not be activated on MkII
  • Maschine Mikro MkIII
    • New: Show info text when Duplicate is enabled
    • New: Added template with required settings to the resources folder.
    • New: Added flip arranger and clip recording option
  • MCU
    • New: Added preset for Behringer X-Touch One
    • New: If device or marker mode is active, do not change track with MCU_SELECT (necessary for 1 channel controllers like Behringer X-Touch One)
  • Native Instruments Komplete S-MkII, A-series/M32
    • New: You can now set the speed of the knobs in the settings.
Enjoy!

Nice, I have new things to test :D

Hi, not fully sure what you are doing. Where is the P1 and P2 coming from? Seems not to be the Phase 4?! Is something changed in the device mapping?
Hey Moss, I must have messed something up along the way. At some point in the project I thought I needed to map the knobs myself and used “map controller” context menu to map a few knobs. I realized this became a global mapping so removed it. It must have undone all mapping on those knobs. Is there any way to return to your default setup without beginning a new project?

Thank you!

SUGERMAN wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:48 pm
Hey Moss, I must have messed something up along the way. At some point in the project I thought I needed to map the knobs myself and used “map controller” context menu to map a few knobs. I realized this became a global mapping so removed it. It must have undone all mapping on those knobs. Is there any way to return to your default setup without beginning a new project?

Thank you!
Better contact Bitwig support.

Hello Moss,

first of all thank you for the great work. Without you bitwig just would be incomplete for me.
I'm using Push 1 all the time and I am very happy with it.

Here's my issue:

I'm using osc frome time to time. I already had it running on windows and an ipad.
But now the Open Stage Control template is missing in the download. I got it from an older download but can't get it to work.
When I select the virtual midi port it crashes saying: "OSC did something wrong. Trying to get a value while not being subscribed."

Going back to Version 7.0 the first two pages in open sound control work, so there is a connection.

I hope you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Malte

osc fehler.png
osc settings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moss wrote: Better contact Bitwig support.
I will abandon this project and not make the dumb mistake again, thanks for attention, tested on new project and all is good.

Your work is phenomenal.

mimamalte wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 am I'm using osc frome time to time. I already had it running on windows and an ipad.
But now the Open Stage Control template is missing in the download. I got it from an older download but can't get it to work.
Thanks for pointing that out! I fixed the ZIP and the template is included again.

Amazing work Moss!! The Push with Bitwig is far cooler than it ever was with Live.

moss wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 am [*]Native Instruments Komplete S-MkII, A-series/M32
  • New: You can now set the speed of the knobs in the settings.
[/list]

Enjoy!
Hi Moss,

Thanks for this! Unfortunately, I'm getting strange behavior with the rotary encoders after installing 7.40. When turning the encoders fast they jitter a lot, ultimately jitter towards 0% making them unusable with this version. Using 'SHIFT' (slow speed) eliminates the jitter.

Also adjusting the slow speed setting doesn't really influence a lot or at all (difficult to say).

Lastly, it seems the speed setting doesn't have a lot of freedom in terms of adjustment, it is very sensitive, everything above 10% is unusable...

Dear Moss,
many thanks for your quick update! With the
New: Added template with required settings to the resources folder.
The Mikro MK3 integration in Bitwig works again.
Since I needed a while (as a beginner) to understand that I have to upload the Bitwig.ncmm3 file to the NI Contoller Editor, here is a screenshot for ohers with the same issue:
NIEditor.PNG

Return to “Controller Scripting”