Possible to get detailed view of clip/note data in this api?

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm playing around with interacting with the contents of a clip in a midi track. Currently I've found the Clip class, which acts as a cursor to a certain clip. Within this CursorClip I can define a grid of some number of steps in the time dimension, as well as the number of notes I want to view. This grid then defines a step discretely based on what I've input to setStepSize in the Clip object, and note information is only retrieved via a listener that updates whenever note information in the grid changes, denoted by a 0 (no note), 1 (note keeps playing) or 2 (note starts playing). This means that if a note stops playing between step N and N+1, step N will have a 1 and N+1 will have a 0. This is kind of fine for some use cases but becomes very cumbersome for non-digital music with varying note lengths, or music with triplets, quintuplets or septuplets.

I have in mind that the DrivenByMoss push 2 script draws notes in the display, and I slightly recall them to be of their exact length, in their exact position. Is it possible to get exact note information from the clips inside of Bitwig with the current API?

Return to “Controller Scripting”