LOOM II GUI scaling issue

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Windows 10, 4K screen, scaling set to 175%.

The position/size of the various modules is messed up.

Only solution is to set Windows scaling to 100%, but then everything is way to small.

Anyone else with this issue?
LOOMII.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cwig wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:44 pm Windows 10, 4K screen, scaling set to 175%.

I get the same in Studio One (v5 currently), but surprisingly it works & looks fine in Bitwig.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yep,

This has been doing this since day one. I haven't been able to use Loom 2 at all. I posted about this on numerous forums and last I heard there was going to be a fix years ago. Still hasn't happened and I gave up. I put this into the complete waste of money pile.

Is it at least possible to disable scaling on the plugin, so it's at its 100% size and GUI is not broken?

Same problem in Reaper and FL-Studio. But not with the x32 version.

Has this bug been fixed?

firepile wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:37 am Has this bug been fixed?
You have a good sense of humor. :tu:

I decided to try Loom II and ran into this problem in Reaper. I also had a couple crashes, so I made it run as a dedicated process, and that resolved both issues for me. I'm leaving this comment in case this workaround is helpful for anyone else. You know, until they fix scaling, which will clearly be any day now.

How do you even set scaling I can’t see an option?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:52 am How do you even set scaling I can’t see an option?
I just have scaling set in Windows (Settings > System > Display > Scale and Layout). For individual DAWs, and some plugins (but not Loom) there can be additional settings, depending on the specific one.

cwig wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:44 pm Windows 10, 4K screen, scaling set to 175%.

Only solution is to set Windows scaling to 100%, but then everything is way to small.

Anyone else with this issue?

LOOMII.jpg
Yes and it's late 2023. For now, I just scale Windows up (right-click on the desktop to bring up the popup menu for the display options) either before or after opening up the DAW (Ardour 8) and Loom 2. I might also install it on another, older laptop with a lower-resolution screen.

Based on what I've read, Loom 2 seems simply like a victim of too many corporate hands being exchanged and running a great product into the ground.

'Too many chefs spoil the broth.' We need to rescue Loom.

Hey, AIR and/or affiliates, if you're not going to do anything with Loom, then at least open source its code and give the software to The People.

Thanks!
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

I agree: there's a dearth of quality additive synth products, and this really was one of the few remaining. It's a goddamn shame, too. Missing my K5000S more all the time.

AIR! Do something about this! For real, you have the resources, we all know you do. Do we have to start spamming InMusic's CEO and everyone on down with demands to get you to move on this?
"I don't need a signature, do I?"

Loom is dead. Just like all other plugins of the legacy wave AiR put out, promised to update and never did.
And in exchange, they recently released another wave of plugins that will soon become legacy too (for example? DrumSynth 500, even for a bunch of bucks I so regret buying it...)

- Mario

Return to “AIR Music Technology”