Loom II - question about built-in master limiter.

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
The talk about UI lightbulb near to master level knob in v2. Just wondering for why it's clickable (i mean light on and off by click), what is the point ?

From v2 user manual:
"there is an LED next to the Level knob that indicates if Loom 2’s output limiter is active. This limiter is always on, but it only affects signals when they exceed the maximum output level"

I compare works of this limiter in v1 - it's not clickable there, and just start to flashing during loudness overload, what right. And in v2 - not flashing, ie indicator does not show overload (just turn on and off by click, as I said).

Therefore question.

Thanks for letting us know unfortunately this appears to be a UI bug affecting some hosts, the feature is not affected by clicking this. The behavior as described in the manual is correct. We have flagged this for future attention.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Sebastian i think it's too specific issue to be host related. I did check in couple daws (S1 v3, Ableton 9, Reason 10, Bidule) all the same.
But thanks for reply.

If I understand well this is only a GUI thing, the sound processing works as expected, right?

Thanks,
Mario

mabian wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:08 pm If I understand well this is only a GUI thing, the sound processing works as expected, right?
Yes, right. Well, i do not want to say that it's a critical issue, but this behavior was found after first minutes of use, and this issue missing in first version. And please note - this is not just a broken indicator, this is some dummy functionality implemented in code. Such facts suggested to sad thoughts about the general health status of the plugin.This is paranoia and logic, approximately 50\50.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”