Fedup with Air

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the Air package a couple of years back, and when it works its great.

Trouble is, if you change your machine in any way the package deactivates.

Today I added an SSD by plugging it into a USB drive with an adapter.

I-lok detects a change and deactivates everything.

Emailing Air for a machine reset never gets a reply. Anyway, who wants to be constantly emailing Air for something they already own ?

Sorry for the frustration unfortunately Ilok uses your drive as one of their verification points. If you can send me a PM with your details I can help reset this for you.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

One day, those resisting the dongle will realize why those of us who embrace the dongle do so. Notice that we don't have this problem at all.

sbangs_air wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 pm Sorry for the frustration unfortunately Ilok uses your drive as one of their verification points. If you can send me a PM with your details I can help reset this for you.
Thanks for the offer, but what would be the point ?

An SSD drive can be used like a USB drive with a USB adapter, which is the way I want to use it, for storage, not as a permanent drive inside the machine. Maybe its because I formatted the drive as NTFS ?

So every-time i-lok sees one of these drives it will deactivate. The answer is to buy an i-lok dongle, but that would be almost as much as I paid for the rather excellent AIR bundle in the first place.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:40 pm One day, those resisting the dongle will realize why those of us who embrace the dongle do so. Notice that we don't have this problem at all.
I agree, I have a Cubase dongle and prefer it to a machine licence.

And if I had hundreds of pounds worth of VSTs on i-lok I would buy a dongle. But a £40 dongle just to run a £70 AIR bundle seems self defeating.

[deleted by user]
Last edited by quietzone on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eventide.. Softube.. Soundtoys.. Some great ilok vst ideas :tu:

I was on the fence with "The Riser" but I picked it up the other day for $25 because I like Air. I don't even need the plugin, but I couldn't pass up that price and I want to support them whenever I can.
Installing it was easy on a new computer, but I did have to hook up my old computer in order to deactivate some other iLok products online. I did lose some activation on some products on a different computer, so definitely not happy about that.

I still believe companies like Air make it worth it. I'm not even sure why the still use iLok, when most every one of their products are cracked anyways.

Oh wait ... I am fed up with them waiting for my TF3! :dog:

This didn't happen to me when I added an external SSD drive, and moved some of the Air libraries.

You can't deauthorize then reauthorize through iLok?

Return to “AIR Music Technology”