Drum Synth 500 - opinions

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

any opinions on Drum Synth 500 so far.
Kick me in the ass, but I grabbed me a copy.
At the current price point of 99 $ (introductory price) I would say it's OK.
But I wish the filter cutoff of each channel would react to velocity.
And the start point of samples should be adjustable.

What do you think?

there's a minimum requirement of OSX10.10, i can't install on Mavericks.
Bit of a shame, i LOVE drumsynths, and I own Boom.

I'm not currently doing any productions, and when I am doing productions it's with NI Maschine, Jam, and Kontrol keyboard. I also have a ton of drum plugins including Strike which I still love, except for it needs bug fixing.

Why would I buy a new plugin from them when I know there's a great chance that they'll probably never provide any real fixes or updates to it? I think they want me to buy their new plugins, but I'm like why don't you take care of what you already got before trying to sell me something new.

With that being said I think Drum Synth 500 looks great! That is something they should have released instead of Boom, but who knows maybe Boom was a success. The only product I'd be willing to pay $99 for is Transfuser 3 ... hardware /jk

This is cool, except that it taxes your cpu “a lot” at times. Really, it’s not very efficient at all imo. Also, kinda pricey.

And the start point of samples should be adjustable
It is, the first knob in the sampler panel adjusts the start point in both Forward and Reverse modes (in Loop it adjusts the loop point).
Sound designer. Educator. 2getheraudio.com | knobz.net | IG: adam.filter

I am really not sure what to make of this. I dont think i particularly like it. The clap sucks. Can get some nice sounds. Overall i don't think there is enough range to justify getting an entire new drum synth plugin (amongst the others i have)
I want an excuse to get it as i love drum synths..but i cannot find one at the moment.

https://www.drumatic.info/

30 euro, and kicks the ass of most other drum synths
hardware or software
i'll personally wait for the inevitable future Drum Synth 500 giveaway at Plugin Boutique

Definitely picking this up when it’s on sale for $1.

Instead of a new drumsynth, it would have been nicer to bring a few updates to the old ones, such as scalable UI‘s to Hybrid 3 and Vacuum Pro ;)
I don’t speak English, but this very well :D

Michl71 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:44 am Instead of a new drumsynth, it would have been nicer to bring a few updates to the old ones, such as scalable UI‘s to Hybrid 3 and Vacuum Pro ;)
This, and a modern preset browser I'd say...

- Mario

I have the Strike2 drum V.I. (got it as part of a bundle). Got it over 2 years ago. Seriously broken functions with Strike are still not fixed.
And then another drum thingy is released for $100.00.
Uuummm, no.

I posted a new song: “Filled With Danger” (the song on top): it has some Air Drumsynth 500 and some non-Air drums. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I will return the favor (leave me a link) if you wish. Here is my link:

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “AIR Music Technology”