AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That is why I did ultimately change the thread title. Abandonware by technical definition?
No. By my facetious definition? Yuppers!

Seems strange to not contact me though especially with other posts being removed in other threads. I would have changed it.

I guess I'm just very pessimistic that any of the mentioned updates are ever coming and it is showing. My attempt at getting attention from Air seems to have worked but not for the benefit of us customers. Ha!

zzz00m wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:49 pm AIR Music Tech has mods on this board. What do you expect!
I definitely don't expect that they change topic titles according to their liking without any communication and after the topic has been alive for 9 months!

Topcheese wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:11 am I would have to side with them on this one seeing that the products are not abandon-ware. You can still purchase them online, so it's not even close to being abandoned.
But that's not the point imho. Back in 2018 dandezebra was concerned the product support might be abandoned and he voiced that concern in the title of his topic. 9 months later and pretty much nothing has changed; No updates - still concerned.

And in my opinion, that's the point of a user forum. People should be able to voice their concerns and opinions and ideally get heard by the company, which might join the discussion. But from my understanding it's the moderators' job to keep order and not to shape the content to their liking = censorship = abuse of their powers = abuse of their customer's trust.

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:11 am

But that's not the point imho. Back in 2018 dandezebra was concerned the product support might be abandoned and he voiced that concern in the title of his topic. 9 months later and pretty much nothing has changed; No updates - still concerned.

And in my opinion, that's the point of a user forum. People should be able to voice their concerns and opinions and ideally get heard by the company, which might join the discussion. But from my understanding it's the moderators' job to keep order and not to shape the content to their liking = censorship = abuse of their powers = abuse of their customer's trust.
Yes there are forums out there and KVRaudio is not the only one. It's not mandatory or required that they respond on this forum. It's a courtesy when they do, and nothing that implies you''ll get free support on KVR.
Then you want to try and build yourself up into a frenzy every chance you get.

That's not an abuse of power to correct any negative information that's simply not true. I'm not sure the world you live in, but in this world "Alternative Facts" are a big problem.

I'm sure we could trash them all day, but the moment you start implying untruths, then I'm sure you going to have problems. It's just that simple.

Topcheese wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Yes there are forums out there and KVRaudio is not the only one. It's not mandatory or required that they respond on this forum. It's a courtesy when they do, and nothing that implies you''ll get free support on KVR.

That's not an abuse of power to correct any negative information that's simply not true. I'm not sure the world you live in, but in this world "Alternative Facts" are a big problem.

I'm sure we could trash them all day, but the moment you start implying untruths, then I'm sure you going to have problems. It's just that simple.
okay wait, let's sort this out via pm.

krabbencutter wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:10 pm
Topcheese wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 pm

okay wait, let's sort this out via pm.
Sounds good, and I meant to say that some people on here work themselves up to a frenzy. I'm not sure why I say you when trying to refer to you all.
It's just one of the reasons moderators are needed. It doesn't only work one way but it's suppose to work both ways to be fair.
I look forward to you setting me straight. I'm sure I got something wrong. :-)

Misinformation sure. Hence the topic title change. Deleting questions about updates and locking a forum? Not so much... Am I one of the ones worked into a frenzy by the way?

And since this an AIR sponsored forum "Official Company Forum" here at KVR, it is a little bit different than the "The Main Forums" here at KVR , such as "Instruments", "Getting started", or "Effects", etc. Those are completely end user driven, and just about anything goes, until someone gets way out of control.

But in these official sponsored forums, a company is probably allowed to draw stricter lines regarding behavior and commentary towards their brand, which they have a right to protect.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:04 pm And since this an AIR sponsored forum "Official Company Forum" here at KVR, it is a little bit different than the "The Main Forums" here at KVR , such as "Instruments", "Getting started", or "Effects", etc. Those are completely end user driven, and just about anything goes, until someone gets way out of control.

But in these official sponsored forums, a company is probably allowed to draw stricter lines regarding behavior and commentary towards their brand, which they have a right to protect.
Has anything here gotten out of control? Again, I'm not asking because I am trying to start an argument and whatnot. Considering what happens in other forums on KVR, whether in the user driven section or developer sections, this has been really mild. I have been ignored by Air and sbangs (in forum posts or PM) while other posts have been made.

And posts deleted. And topics changed or locked (by whom? no idea.). I would imagine that others could make this thread quite ugly quickly - check the lawsuit parts of the ST4 release thread!

Now, nothing against sbangs as he seems like a pretty chill dude and has made some helpful posts. It is just strange that a question that (just me?) has about updates has been...well...this.

This is all fundamentally because a company mentioned working on updates that have never materialized. I have actually just tried to make it a little more entertaining (hence the abandonware jab). Honestly, I am losing my interest in AIR which is a shame, because they have some great stuff.

Not judging anything about the behavior here, just that the AIR mods are free to do as they please, for better or worse.

I agree that they are working against themselves, by not working harder to cultivate better goodwill among existing and potentially new customers.

Rumors and speculation can flourish very well in such a fertile environment, if everything is left to the imagination. If I was them, I would spend at least a bit more time engaging with the user base.

But the behavior we are observing could easily be perceived by users as a company on the verge of shutting down.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

dandezebra wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:02 pm Misinformation sure. Hence the topic title change. Deleting questions about updates and locking a forum? Not so much... Am I one of the ones worked into a frenzy by the way?
I was way wrong and I hope you can accept my apology. I'll usually try to be light-hearted, but yes I did exaggerate a bit on that. Another user was so kind as to set me straight in a PM.
But a moderators doing their job, is going to always cause some concern, so forgive me for not understanding that part.

zzz00m wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:30 pm But the behavior we are observing could easily be perceived by users as a company on the verge of shutting down.
Air recently did some plug ins for the MPC Live, two MPC versions of the tube synth and the electric keys, and a bass synth. Recently as in a few months ago.

I doubt they're out of the picture. IMO they've bargain basement sold themselves into a corner though. Just guessing but they offered too much of their line for too cheap for too long, so the returns are not high enough to invest in reinventing the GUI's which would require them to sell them for near regular price per instrument, and certainly not $74 for all of them like they regularly do now.
Personally I would not be averse to paying a decent price for a resizable GUI on Loom or Transfuser etc. but everyone who bought Xpand 2 for $1 and then everything for $74 will come running to Air threads to scream and cry about the price of upgrades. This is the problem with drastically lowering your prices, it's hard to maintain interest when you eventually charge a typical $50 for an upgrade like they did with Loom II. People literally would have thought nothing of it if Loom was $149 and the upgrade was $49, but because they probably got Loom I for $49 or less, or as part of the bundle, it was a big travesty.

Anyway I don't think they're abandonware or going anywhere, but as part of In Music, their developers are being used for other brands at times, like the above mentioned AKAI MPC Live embedded instruments etc.

Hello,

Apologies for any unintended offense to people just commenting.

I would like to state I strongly, believe in free speech so therefore this topic is left open and has been since the start of the thread.

Unfortunately, there were some posts and comments last week, that went over the line against other members and staff, and I personally felt the people posting exploited the fact I was on holiday and the people posting thought no one would pick up on it. Other members kindly alerted me to the issues.

While it's completely fair and understandable to share frustrations, It is never OK to make things personal. (This is not directed at anyone here as they were not the culprits as far as I can see).
Others hijacked what I am sure was meant to be a light-hearted topic.

We do have some exciting new developments just around the corner to share with you for the desktop plugins. Unfortunately, I can't always share the full plan as some projects are confidential until they are ready. Stay tuned for some cool news this month.

In the past months, we have worked on a number of new embedded products but are returning focus to the desktop.

Thanks for your understanding, moderating things is a fine line and I appreciate might not always keep everyone happy but abuse is never ok.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

bang on brother!

That's great news Simon !

Thank you so much !

- Jay

Return to “AIR Music Technology”