AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dandezebra wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:38 am Resizable GUI would be so nice with these. That and stability updates would be all I need!
Exactly! I'm a huge fan of Loom II and Transfuser is pretty cool too.

I also think Vacuum and Hybrid are unique enough to have value.

But I would at the very least appreciate resizable GUIs and maybe even an update to the GUIs. That's all these plug ins need besides minor bug fixes to pass VST and AU validations on various hosts etc.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:56 am
dandezebra wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:38 am Resizable GUI would be so nice with these. That and stability updates would be all I need!

But I would at the very least appreciate resizable GUIs and maybe even an update to the GUIs. That's all these plug ins need besides minor bug fixes to pass VST and AU validations on various hosts etc.
Indeed, I guess a more modern preset browser, resizable GUI and some fixes would be what is needed... I wanted to buy Loom 2 but Im'm not investing further in AIR unless they show they care about these plugins and the user base.

- Mario

mabian wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am
machinesworking wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:56 am

Indeed, I guess a more modern preset browser, resizable GUI and some fixes would be what is needed... I wanted to buy Loom 2 but Im'm not investing further in AIR unless they show they care about these plugins and the user base.

- Mario
I agree that the AIR plugins are a very good value. I really like the synths. :D

Improvements I would like to see:

#1 on the improvements list should be resizable UIs. I think we have reached a tipping point where many users just won't bother with plugins anymore that don't scale up on the higher resolution monitors available today. That really dates them!

#2 improved browser. I found a workaround for this when I installed Akai VIP 3, and started using the VIP preset browser for these AIR instruments instead. BIG improvement. I don't mess with the native browsers in each instrument any more. If I know I will be using an AIR synth, I just use an instance of VIP instead, and possibly add a VIP multi there for layering more than one instrument. But agree that they should fix this, as not everyone has or wants to use VIP. I have never used MPC, does it offer anything similar browser wise?

#3 a maintenance release to update the plugins for full compatibility with the latest Win and Mac versions, plus better compatibility with newer DAW versions. Various reports and complaints seem to indicate that they are falling behind in this area.

Obviously it would take a fully engaged development team to achieve these goals. Based on the pricing model for AIR plugins in recent years, I wonder if they intend to upgrade them. It seems as if they are just trading on the market value of "mature" software, and selling them "as-is" for the most part. The development costs were paid years ago, so very little overhead is required to sell and "support" the existing plugins.

I'm not sure where the money would come from to overhaul these plugins, and good developers don't work cheap!

I suspect that the release of Loom 2 was a trial balloon to judge the community interest in paying for upgrades. I observed the community response to that update was "meh". They were totally underwhelmed by the effort.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Anyone from Air willing to comment?

I don't think there are any "AIR developers" in existence. I'm not sure if there are any dedicated InMusic employees working solely on AIR brand, like tech support etc.
Last edited by dtrq on Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sbangs seems like a nice chap but there have been a lot of "GUI updates and more are being worked on" posts since like 2017 at least.

dandezebra wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:01 pm Sbangs seems like a nice chap but there have been a lot of "GUI updates and more are being worked on" posts since like 2017 at least.
Given the time scale I expect at least VR implementation :lol:
But seriously - if the GUIs were slightly bigger that would be something really cool

"Spherical Space" by Richard Devine, in playlist "Loom"

https://soundcloud.com/airmusictech/sph ... /sets/loom

"Metro Area Bounce" by Richard Devine, in playlist "Vacuum Pro"

https://soundcloud.com/airmusictech/met ... vacuum-pro

:tu:

My April fool's topic was deleted without notice and the title of this topic, which was originally "AIR, are you abandonware yet?" has just been changed to "AIR Updates?" and it's definitely not been the OT :scared:

AIR Music Tech has mods on this board. What do you expect!

Yeah, I'm the OP and this is something stupid. I have heard rumors about other threads locked and such but not my own...for what I think is a legitimate question. Especially after all of the promised updates from Air.

Wonder if I can change the title back? I received no PM about this by the way!

There, I changed the Title again. If you don't like it, PM me maybe?

I will add that I have had posts in other threads asking about updates removed followed by the thread being locked. Is this that spicy of a topic? It seems to me to be more a legitimate concern for folks who bought products legally.

Yes it did confuse me until you spelled it out. I thought the title didn't look familiar.
I would have to side with them on this one seeing that the products are not abandon-ware. You can still purchase them online, so it's not even close to being abandoned.

Even the Emulator X3 is not abandon-ware even though you can't buy it from the official site, but the developer will sell you a license for it. Well seeing that ship has sailed, and seeing that you can't get any updates or support for it, but you can still at least buy it. It might be somewhat abandoned, but it at least has a caretaker ... I guess kind of like how these guys seem like just the caretakers of their dead products. That part I get! hahaha

Return to “AIR Music Technology”