AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 am Anybody know what the most effective way of reporting bugs is?
If you figure out I'd love to submit them too.
I've been trying literally for months to get a proper registration id to submit bug reports, here:

https://www.airmusictech.com/registration

But it simply doesn't work, a blank page shows up after submitting the form.

- Mario

Please direct any reports to softwaresales@airmusictech.com we will make sure they get to the right place :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 am Please direct any reports to softwaresales@airmusictech.com we will make sure they get to the right place :)
Does that include mine, or are you going to try and put in a good word for me? :help:
I know you got my back, because of course you're not just here to troll us. I'm also glad to see Air start making it into hardware!
Edit: I know it's hard to see the humor in writing, but I'm /jk about the good word and having my back. lol

Has anyone successfully requested access to the beta participations? I contacted Simon multiple times, since he announced the betas in november/february, but have not received any NDA/Download/License :|

dellboy wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:56 pm The Air plugins are still included with a purchase of ProTools, so I would say no.

And so long as they still work with windows 10, whats the problem ?

And if Air ever did bring out new versions they would probably be at a price well out of my budget, so I am happy with my purchase.
They don’t, you can’t install them on an updated win 10. Their forum has plenty of posts about this

Hi, I'm new here, and this is my first post. I've been buying a few of Air's plugins for 1$ during Black Friday sales a few months back and have been interested in their other plugins. A couple of Google searches brought me here and I spent some time reading a few threads. Just wanted to say that all of this doesn't leave me with a favorable impression. As someone who doesn't own a whole lot of plugins yet, I found it so cool to get great sounding instruments for such a low price, but reading posts around here makes me want to actually stop using them so I won't grow dependent on them in the future. Knowing that, if I ever have a problem, both my individual inquiries as well as collective complaints will be largely ignored for a very long time, as well as seeing that there are plenty of signiticant problems that persist even years after being brought to your attention, makes me want to spend a lot more money on buying plugins at full price from other developers. Just wanted to give this feedback. May I ask you to please spend some time to reevaluate your work ethic and your general approach to your company.

The parent company of AIR Music Tech, and many others including Akai Professional, is inMusic Brands. They have acquired a collection of companies from the original owners and developers, and continue to market the legacy products.

They occasionally release a new product, but it has been some time (years) since they have issued a bug fix or update for anything from AIR.

List of brands in the inMusic family

https://www.inmusicbrands.com/
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Though many bugfixes and updates (GUI anyone) have been mentioned as for sure being worked on.

They have an official forum, so you might want to post their for a response. Other than that you'll be hard pressed to find better plugins for $1 or less. Yes the plugins are kind of old, but they did mention possibly updating some of them for 2019.

They also just released some new plugins for the Akai Force, so I'm guessing the updated plugins will be next.

An Xpand3 and Hybrid 4 would make me a very happy man. If they are still developing these products I mean :wink:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Topcheese wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:37 am They have an official forum, so you might want to post their for a response. Other than that you'll be hard pressed to find better plugins for $1 or less. Yes the plugins are kind of old, but they did mention possibly updating some of them for 2019.

They also just released some new plugins for the Akai Force, so I'm guessing the updated plugins will be next.
Hi, yes I understand your reasoning. And I agree that for 1$, or even for free, it is beyond incredible value - these are fully fledged high value plugins that are incredible, if they work. The thing is, I don't want to get used to products from a company who leaves significant issues unfixed for several years and is generally very slow to respond to anything. Why would I spend my time learning how to use these plugins and creating projects that are dependent on them, if there is a real chance that I will not be able to install or properly use them in the future, or on a different machine, or under whatever circumstances? This is not to hate on Air or anything. I just wanted to give this feedback because I want to like their plugins, but unter these circumstances I must question the value of their plugins, even if I get incredible potential value for 1$ or less. With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing if they will release patches to fix year old issues.

PS It would also be cool if they would remove iLok from their older plugins, seeing how they basically gave them away for free, although I realize this might be considered an unreasonable request considering that they will probably release future plugins using it.

@verde, I'm afraid you run the same risk with any plugin that you purchase, so I don't see the sweat over losing a couple of bucks over plugins that you can still use today.
I do like your idea about the iLok thing and releasing some older plugins without it. I can see them updating the plugins, and then releasing stripped down older versions iLok free. That's also with no support.

Resizable GUI would be so nice with these. That and stability updates would be all I need!

dandezebra wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:53 pm I'm not optimistic due to the lack of responses here as well as numerous "promised" updates that have never materialized.
So true.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

As an AKAI Live user I note the plugs do seem to be developed as plugs that will work in the hardware and also have new GUIs within AKAI MPC 2 software....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “AIR Music Technology”