AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems Lots of AIR stuff has been recycled in the upcoming Akai MPC 2.3 update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4162nUa3xA

I don't expect anything to happen anymore, besides recycling the existing products over and over again and ensuring compatibility of the stuff that's tied into Pro Tools, which is kinda sad.

I would guess that updates are coming at some stage but that they will be paid "major upgrades" and not free updates as previously stated.

That would make them liars. No wonder they don't post here anymore and had a previous thread locked. Ha!

Sbangs? You seem to be floating around here more lately which is fantastic!

Any thoughts on this?

I have been out of the scene for a while and discovered that some of my AIR instruments aren't responding in Cubase 10. I couldn't find my login so I entered my email addy on their site for password help...twice...and now several days later...no response. I've written them off...didn't use them much anyway. Now they reside in the same fecal bucket as IKMultimedia. Don't think I'll miss either of them.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:07 am I couldn't find my login so I entered my email addy on their site for password help...twice...and now several days later...no response. I've written them off...didn't use them much anyway.
For a person that didn''t use them much I'm guessing holidays put you in that dark place where people don't get breaks even though the equipment does. I believe it was also a weekend several days ago?
Good luck with that!

I should have watched the 2.3 video earlier as I did hear talk about them including some new synth modules. It's good to see them incorporating them into the hardware, and now it make much more sense to me why I really can't afford them! The X is a beast!

Topcheese wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:20 am
rustman wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:07 am I couldn't find my login so I entered my email addy on their site for password help...twice...and now several days later...no response. I've written them off...didn't use them much anyway.
For a person that didn''t use them much I'm guessing holidays put you in that dark place where people don't get breaks even though the equipment does. I believe it was also a weekend several days ago?
Good luck with that!
Just figured their email bot was awake and functioning regardless of day or time. Figured if I could actually get into my account then I could get the latest versions and reinstall.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:07 am I have been out of the scene for a while and discovered that some of my AIR instruments aren't responding in Cubase 10. I couldn't find my login so I entered my email addy on their site for password help...twice...and now several days later...no response. I've written them off...didn't use them much anyway. Now they reside in the same fecal bucket as IKMultimedia. Don't think I'll miss either of them.
Please can you send me a PM with your details, Christmas is a very busy time for us as you can imagine and we try to spend time with Family in the season. Sorry for the delay.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Sbangs is here!

Can you comment on this thread please? Many are curious if there are any of the planned updates coming! GUI updates that go back two years! I am trying to be optimistic!

dandezebra wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:34 pm Sbangs is here!

Can you comment on this thread, please? Many are curious if there are any of the planned updates coming! GUI updates that go back two years! I am trying to be optimistic!
2019 is going to be a great year for AIR, we have been working on a number of major projects which the MPC 2.3 release was a taster, from all new products to updates so stay tuned.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

Thanks for the update!

Is it going to include any of the GUI updates for the older plugs that were supposed to have happened last year (or before)?

I am excited for new plugs but some love for the old ones would be mucho appreciated (obvious by this thread and others!).

Cheers and Happy New Year!

rustman wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:43 am
Topcheese wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:20 am
Good luck with that!
Just figured their email bot was awake and functioning regardless of day or time. Figured if I could actually get into my account then I could get the latest versions and reinstall.
Yes, please forgive me for being in my dark place this holiday. I did think about your feelings, but did not address them. I know something as simple as that should have worked, and when you find that urge to create music get snatched away like that can be a downer nonetheless.

I was out of place, and your kind response is much appreciated.

Just a tip if anyone ever needs installers in a Jam you can get them here https://airmusictech.com/retail/redeem
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Anybody know what the most effective way of reporting bugs is?

I have this weird bug where sometimes when I've assigned stuff to the Moprh 1 knob, that knob gets reset by aftertouch midi messages. Even if I turn off the "Receive Channel Pressure" option in the 'Common' section. It's really strange.

EDIT: This can be seen in some of the factory presets too. For instance in the "Pulser Canyon" preset found in the first folder, 01 Trance Chords. Simply turn up the Morph 1 knob, then send some after touch messages to the synth and it immediately goes back to zero. I have not figured out any way of fixing this. It doesn't plague all presets but it does many.

EDIT2: Duh! I think I figured out the bug. If Morph 1 is assigned to mod-wheel, or parameters that are also controlled with mod wheel.. then if you move the Morph 1 knob with the mouse instead of using mod-wheel messages, it gets instantly reset to zero once an aftertouch message arrives. Very strange bug.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “AIR Music Technology”