AIR Updates or Never Again? Please Don't Delete or Change My Topic Title!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:41 pm Wow, you can rent a bunch of outdated products that you could buy for next to nothing for only 200 bucks a year.

:ud:
That's why I had to ask. :o

- Jay

Bug Music wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:13 pm Hmmm... cloud subscription ??

Are these the same versions ?

https://www.airmusictech.com/cloud

- Jay
It seems they updated their collections with the new instruments that were not included before. Akai VIP is included as well. But I agree, not worth the price they are asking.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:19 am
Bug Music wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:13 pm Hmmm... cloud subscription ??

Are these the same versions ?

- Jay
It seems they updated their collections with the new instruments that were not included before. Akai VIP is included as well. But I agree, not worth the price they are asking.
Air and InMusic in general really are clueless. The only saving grace is AKAI, and I'm waiting for that boot to drop.

I would pay good money for resizable GUIs on Transfuser and Loom, etc. but this is just plain stupid. They've been giving away the Air Instrument Collection for $79 for years now and the expanded total collection goes on sale for $99-139 all the time at places like pluginboutique. This is about as stupid of a move as I've seen a company do that isn't Crysonic.

*Perpetual License provides a lifetime access to the current products at the time of purchase.
they're totally insane

Loom is included in the middle two bundles, but need to pay $20 per month!!! to get access to Loom 2
They're even more out of touch than i thought.

And those resizable GUI updates from what, three years ago, are almost done...

they're one of these companies that seem to get less done than the companies run by one person.
i don't get it.

How desperate can they be? I've seen recently they have been releasing preset packs for their own outdated plugins, insread of upgrading them. Loom II was more or less a failure, Transfuser still has a GUI bug, and none of their plugins are resizable, even though they promised this for free way back.

I liked AIR a couple of years back, and their support was actually good. But then things (everything) went sideways, or rather backwards.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Yeah, why fix GUIs when you can introduce the "cloud" :lol:

I own all of the AIR instruments (including Loom II) and when porting over to a new DAW PC I haven't even bothered to install them...probably never will- they owe my nothing, I have used them, they were good once, but they dont compare to modern plug's. I haven't missed them once, although if they ever update the GUI I may re-install a couple of them...but I realy cant think whey I would use them over Dune 3, Avenger, the Arturia stuff, UHE stuff etc. Sometimes you just have to let stuff go and not hoard it!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm I own all of the AIR instruments (including Loom II) and when porting over to a new DAW PC I haven't even bothered to install them...probably never will- they owe my nothing, I have used them, they were good once, but they dont compare to modern plug's. I haven't missed them once, although if they ever update the GUI I may re-install a couple of them...but I realy cant think whey I would use them over Dune 3, Avenger, the Arturia stuff, UHE stuff etc. Sometimes you just have to let stuff go and not hoard it!
True, but it's a pity - these are all very good plugs that need some love & updates

sqigls wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 am they're one of these companies that seem to get less done than the companies run by one person.
i don't get it.
Similar with Korg. They have some products that are so overdue for an update yet they keep selling them.

The worst thing is that AIR can't just be honest telling us it will never happen. They are real cowards!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Windows 10 and too many plugins

Dead company. I'm done with them. No update of GUI, preset packs as "releases" and now that? Time to rethink this business model and to hire some dsp coders with ninja skills or they'll be history.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Any thoughts Sbangs?

Return to “AIR Music Technology”