Air3 complete i-lok activations

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased the Air complete pack 18 months ago, and I think its great.

But this soft i-lok thing has reset my activation twice. Its the same computer. No change in hardware, but I turned on the computer and fired up Strike drums and it has lost its activation. It now asked for the serial number, so I entered it for the whole pack only to be told that all my activations have been used !

What going on ?

I thought I had bought this pack forever, but it seems that you only get two activations ,and both of those have been used up by i-lok resetting itself.

Is it really only two activations , or have I misunderstood how the soft i-lok works ?

Hello, you get two seats per license if you make a free iLok account you can move these around without needing to contact us. If you need a reset please drop us a note at softwaresales@airmusictech.com

This guide is helpful for iLok protected software from inMusic.

http://noterepeat.com/products/air-musi ... k-licenses
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

I find that whole system too complicated. Activate, authorize, redeem, register, take ownership. I don't know the difference between all those actions.

No wonder people prefer U-he and such brands that use a simple, intuitive protection system. No absurd 2-activation limit, I can buy a new computer every day and activate my U-he license every day if I feel like it.

Since I own the license, it might even be illegal to impose such activation limits.

I recently had the same problem. The usual culprits for this are windows updates.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I find that whole system too complicated. Activate, authorize, redeem, register, take ownership. I don't know the difference between all those actions.

No wonder people prefer U-he and such brands that use a simple, intuitive protection system. No absurd 2-activation limit, I can buy a new computer every day and activate my U-he license every day if I feel like it.

Since I own the license, it might even be illegal to impose such activation limits.
Didn't you know that AIR plugins used i-Lok when you bought it? I agree that the i-Lok is annoying and I actually avoid it nowadays, but I also can understand why a dev would want to use it to protect against piracy. The main reason I avoid i-Lok is actually just because I want to keep my memory / hard drive / registry as clean as possible and I don't like having unnecessary services running.

rlared wrote:The main reason I avoid i-Lok is actually just because I want to keep my memory / hard drive / registry as clean as possible and I don't like having unnecessary services running.
I suggest you try another OS then :lol:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

rlared wrote:The main reason I avoid i-Lok is actually just because I want to keep my memory / hard drive / registry as clean as possible and I don't like having unnecessary services running.
Try closing the DAW, usually is the biggest memory & CPU hog in the system.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”