Strike Factory Content not being installed

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete Strike

Alright, I'm sure I'm not the only person having this problem. I am trying to install AIEP 3 Complete.

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit.

When I install Strike 2.0.7, I extracted the rar files and run the installer, I made sure to tick the "install factory content".
It finished the installation, no error messages.
It created the folder structure for the factory content (kit, mixes, recorded audio, etc.), problem is, it is all empty. Nothing get installed in these folders.
I also tried running the "strikefactorycontent.msi" from the extracted rar files. It did nothing. The dialog "please wait while Windows configure Strike Factory Content" appeared for a split second, then disappear, and nothing happens. I am suspicious this is the culprit, but I have no idea how to get around it. Strike's installer files are encrypted as .big files, so there's also no way to copy manually.

Googling doesn't yield any useful result, either.

did you look in the plugin itself? are there presets?
the dirs you name are empty on my system too but the presets in my plugin (and working) so the strikedat*.big 's are the containers

connmach wrote:did you look in the plugin itself? are there presets?
the dirs you name are empty on my system too but the presets in my plugin (and working) so the strikedat*.big 's are the containers
tbh, I didn't. Just tried it this morning, the presets are empty and it gave me "content not found, please set the content location on setup page!"

BUT, you gave me an idea. I simply copied the .big files into the content folder and now it works! Dunno why it didn't do it automatically -__-

Thank you!

shidostrife wrote:
connmach wrote:did you look in the plugin itself? are there presets?
tbh, I didn't. Just tried it this morning, the presets are empty and it gave me "content not found, please set the content location on setup page!"

BUT, you gave me an idea. I simply copied the .big files into the content folder and now it works! Dunno why it didn't do it automatically -__-

Thank you!
:tu:

I tried to copy the content .big also . it is in my folder under Air Music / Content/ Strike and I see the .big files but was not able to move or copy them into the GUI. I tried just moving to the first Content folder with no results............

Apologies it sounds like your installation might have failed, or been modified in some way. I would recommend completing a fresh install. During the installation during the content install part, it may seem outwardly not allot is happening but you will see a dialogue on your screen advising content is being copied. Please allow this time to complete so the big file is fully installed and registered. If you get stuck drop us a line at softwaresales@airmusictech.com
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Bigangbo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:10 pm I tried to copy the content .big also . it is in my folder under Air Music / Content/ Strike and I see the .big files but was not able to move or copy them into the GUI. I tried just moving to the first Content folder with no results............
You have to point Strike to wherever the content is. Click the folder icon and point it to the default path where the content is installed. In my case, I installed it to an external D drive. The default installation path of Air's content is: C:\ProgramData\AIR Music Technology\Strike2 (or whichever Air plugin you're dealing with).

This is a good guide in relocating Content folders if you need to offload things to an external drive if you run out of space:https://www.noterepeat.com/products/air ... nt-windows

Edit: If you don't see any content in the Explorer window, right click in an empty area of the Explorer window, and check "show hidden files."

I like Air products, but support blows. To get support you need to have a ticket. To get a ticket, you have to go to the Air site, to input a serial number or something. I bought most of my Air plugins from 3rd party sellers. Long story short, you just go in circles. I posted on their forum at "getsatisfaction" or something, and 3 months later, still no answer. I've spent hundreds of hours figuring out this crap. Anyway, hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”