Larger GUIs for AIR instruments?

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It just seems silly (keeping in mind that I have no idea how to program VST GUIs) that companies both big and small like TAL, Melda, u-he, etc. have figured out the scalable interface thing. AIR and a few others (Spectrasonics, I'm looking at you :wink:) need to figure this out pretty quickly!

I have thought about the smaller monitor thing too but as I have two already...

Mulab has recently released a free upgrade to scalable versions for all stuff. And this is simply a one man show. Just one developer who has done it.

Why I included TAL as well. I think that is a one man show also - I could be wrong though!

This is a funamental example of why small companies are more responsive and flexable. Think of it like a sports car vs a cargo truck. A sports car can zip all over the place. A cargo truck is big, bulky fat and slow. It can carry alot of stuff though.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Any word on this sbangs? Hopefully that doesn't include - we are working in it, it's hard, and will be out sometime soon :wink:

Another good example of responsive design is the small dev team at KV331 Audio. They have updated Synthmaster 2 and Synthmaster One with scalable GUI skins. Very nice! I have acquired their everything bundle, and will continue to support this company!!! :tu:

I'm sure it's a bit of work, but not impossible to rework the GUI. More likely a matter of a company's focus and business model... :roll:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Strange there hasn't been a response here at all as it seems like there used to be more often... Especially now that so many folks have Xpand2, Hybrid 3, and Vacuum Pro after the mega sales. I imagine a lot of folks have them all as well.

I'm also wondering weather we'll ever see those new GUI's.
No signature here!

During the high discounts in December I purchased the instruments and the FX bundle for under €100.

I may be viewing this from a very distorted (no pun intended) angle, but this move with super generous discounts sounds like milking the cash cow one last time before bankrupcy (or at least they will be bought by a larger company like Avid), not like Air is a prosperous company and they’re continuously developing their products. Time will tell - or anyone that has more information and is willing to share.

AIR WAS a part of Avid, they broke off them, but are now a part of InMusic brands.

Indeed. But again, a scenario similar to Gibson vs their own Cakewalk, is possible with InMusic vs Air. Obviously, I wouldn't want such a thing to happen

There was a job offer for a C++ programmer on their website in october last year. So hopefully they will continue. But from what budget will they pay the new programmer when they sell their stuff for dumping prices?

Surely they are banking on making all of their $ on the complete upgrades. I assume they were barely selling any individual instruments... which makes sense considering the lack of user requested updates or communication here (or through E-mailing them). To be fair, it did appear that sbangs used to frequent the forums a lot more.

I was wondering if there was any news on the update ?
Still digging the sounds, but these old eyes aren't getting any younger, either that or the text keeps shrinking. :)

Was kind of hoping there may have been some announcement during NAMM, but alas...

- Jay

I've been hoping for an sbangs reply for a while... I'm no longer optimistic.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”