Left Hand Mode doesn't appear to be working

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I might be doing something wrong, but I see the word REV after I select the fourth button in the first column, however, the pitch always increases from left to right. Not sure what I might be doing wrong.
Last edited by alexlimbert on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You must turn Left Hand mode on by briefly pressing the button to light its light. Holding the button (showing REV) merely allows you to select how it will function if turned on.

Thank you Roger. That worked. I might be getting this wrong, but I thought there was an option to have the higher notes play at the bottom and the lower notes to play at the top. Is this an option? Thank you.

Do you mean inverting the pitches of the rows so that higher pitches are in the frontmost row and lower pitches are in the rearmost row? If so, then yes there are three ways to do that:
1) In Row Offset, hold +OCTAVE and select a negative row offset value.
2) In Row Offset, hold GUITAR to select any pitch for each row.
3) In Per-Split Settings > MIDI Mode, hold CHANNEL PER ROW to invert the pitch order of the rows.

Roger_Linn wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:41 pm Do you mean inverting the pitches of the rows so that higher pitches are in the frontmost row and lower pitches are in the rearmost row? If so, then yes there are three ways to do that:
1) In Row Offset, hold +OCTAVE and select a negative row offset value.
2) In Row Offset, hold GUITAR to select any pitch for each row.
3) In Per-Split Settings > MIDI Mode, hold CHANNEL PER ROW to invert the pitch order of the rows.
Or simply turn the LinnStrument upside down...; - )

Thank you Roger, however holding the Guitar in Row offest doesn't pull up the Independent Row Tuning screen in my case. I don't see any changes after holding the guitar key.

hahaha TJ. That's right TJ. I recall now. That's exactly what I did. lol

I suspect that your LinnStrument is not running the current version 2.2.1 software. You can check this under Global Settings > Actions column > OS Vers. If needed, you can update by visiting the Updating OS page on my site, accessed from the LinnStrument Support page.

Sorry for the delay. I'm way behind. I'm using 2.10. I think I found an alternative way to do the same thing in version 2.10 by holding down the octive offset and selecting -Guitar. Seems to do what I wanted. Thank you Roger! Happy Hollidays!!!

That will reverse the row (string) order. Left-Hand Mode reverses the pitch direction, increasing in pitch from right to left instead of left to right.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”