Deck saver cover

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All.

I have a number of deck savers for various bits of kit so I asked if there was one for the Linnstrument at www.decksaver.com, they said no but would reconsider if there were enough requests.

So, if you would like a nice transparent perspex cover to keep your Linnstrument protected from beer, groupies and the like this is the contact form to request they produce one:

https://www.decksaver.com/contact

Together, we can prevail!!!

... 2 years later. I have also requested a cover from them. I love the deck savers, they are an instant buy for any gear that sits on my desk. In the meantime what have you made by within these past few years? It's always a fine line between blocking dust without hindering quick access for me.

Decksavers are only really good for two things: keeping the dust off, and facilitating more options when it comes to choosing a travel case. The first matter can be solved by something as simple as a tea towel, and the second is a moot point because the LinnStrument has no protruding parts and is virtually indestructible.

Don't get me wrong, I too love decksavers and own several, but I'd save your money on this one.

Cheers!

John the Savage wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:09 am Decksavers are only really good for two things: keeping the dust off, and facilitating more options when it comes to choosing a travel case. The first matter can be solved by something as simple as a tea towel, and the second is a moot point because the LinnStrument has no protruding parts and is virtually indestructible.

Don't get me wrong, I too love decksavers and own several, but I'd save your money on this one.

Cheers!
You need to remember what a Linnstrument is-- an almost perfectly flat $1500 control surface that sits directly in front of you when composing-- often at a computer-- often exactly where you might like to have a qwerty keyboard and trackpad when not composing.

When a Linnstrument is not in use all of its sensors are exposed and you lose a great deal of desk real estate. With a Decksaver in place you get a large portion of your desk back.

Decksaver is a no-brainer solution for maximizing desk space and protection for a $1500 control surface with no other dedicated protection options on the market.

If you really think about it the Linnstrument use case is a more rational purchase than most of the other Descksaver lineup.

You can't hurt the LinnStrument with a QWERTY keyboard. :wink:

Nor is the LinnStrument any more difficult to move than a QWERTY keyboard. Hell, moving the decksaver in-and-of itself takes as much effort (and by "as much", I mean "as little") as moving the LinnStrument or the keyboard.

Beyond that (and I travel extensively with all my instruments, the LinnStrument included) the LinnStrument is the most robust and impervious peace of kit I own, and can therefore be put in just about any travel case without the need for a decksaver.

To that end, however, if you want to buy a decksaver, it's your money.

Cheers!

damian9 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:18 pm When a Linnstrument is not in use all of its sensors are exposed and you lose a great deal of desk real estate. With a Decksaver in place you get a large portion of your desk back.
This was one of my motivations for the decksaver too, getting portions of desk space back. I have an electric sit-stand desk with the PC attached directly to the desk and cables routed under the desk surface, so everything stays on the desk. I move the LinnStrument to the center when I'm using it and push it away to the side for storage.

During work, I'm constantly making efforts not to set multiple VR headsets, input pads, notebooks and water bottles on the LinnStrument surface.

I care for my equipment and the LinnStrument surface is for playing, not for holding all my junk. However, I have no problems stacking my junk on the surface of my Push 2's decksaver.

Decksaver did get back to me and said that the LinnStrument is on their list but they need to know there's enough demand to invest in the tooling.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”