Midi Signalflow

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Regardless of the reason, I’m having trouble seeing a problem here that impedes LinnStrument’s practical use as a expressive musical instrument.

.... forgive me if I'm a bit naughty here, but I know that you are sometimes like an overprotective mother for your baby, so I expressed it clearly and repeatedly that it is *not* a problem, just curiosity!
:clown:

Sorry dr,
I missed that part. The engineer is me is always trying to solve problems. :)

It will be the sending side I would think, midi over USB uses bulk transfer mode and there is a packed mode and single mode. Packed will pack many messages into a single packet while single will only send one message per packet. Sounds like you are running in single mode.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Roger_Linn wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 pm Sorry dr,
I missed that part. The engineer is me is always trying to solve problems. :)
... yes, no doubt about that! And you do it brilliantly!
But from time to time you seem a bit scared, if your baby makes some steps outside its 'intended use'
Babys sometimes have a live of their own :D
Last edited by dr_loop on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobDog wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:23 am It will be the sending side I would think, midi over USB uses bulk transfer mode and there is a packed mode and single mode. Packed will pack many messages into a single packet while single will only send one message per packet. Sounds like you are running in single mode.
.. as I said, I dont know much about these things (nothing actually) but I think you nailed it here.
USB may be just not as suitable to send *single bytes* as this forty years old thing called MIDI?!

Yet it remains confusing. But I think we can leave it here.
(But nothing will stop me to bombard my beloved LinnStrument with anything I like :D )

Return to “Roger Linn Design”