Unlucky for some...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My first Linnstrument live performance is on Friday the 13th of December, eek!

Good luck!

Can we see?

Yeah where is it?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

It's in Sheffield at Foodhall for the Optronica event - I'll post details nearer the time.
Meanwhile here's the last mess I made (on a Serge modular system)) for Optronica, which is probably a million miles away from what I'll play this time: https://youtu.be/i8rfLdwWwSw

Sheffield is a bit away from me unfortunately, I like the Serge stuff there though, I like that sort of stuff. I'm interested in what the Linnstrument set will be like, gotta be quite different?

Also a bit OT but It's been bugging me, did I buy a Tinysizer off you a few years back?

Quote probably - I've had a couple of them in the past. You still have it? One of my regrets that one... in an ideal world of have kept it. (and in a more ideal world it would have more attention and cv over the LFOs and envelope stages!)

Set wise it's a fairly simple affair: linnstrument feeding modor nf1m, through bugbrand PT delay, with optional/undecided chimera bc16 and ellitone farm detective (!?!) clicking away in the background.

I've got four fairly simple/repetitive melodic bits pieces planned, which hopefully repeat there way into something quite loud and consuming... It's a gamble! I've got a Lyra 8 on the way which might work its way into things too depending on how we get on...

Yep I still have it here, my emails go back to 2012 where I see the first mention of it where someone is asking me some questions so it would have been before that, t-IB rings a bell I think it was arranged via the elektron forum, but that has all changed now so I couldn't work it out from that. So much for "digital" lasting forever :)

Never heard of a ellitone farm detective, the pictures on the web look interesting though!

Looking forward to a video of how the gamble goes, all sounds interesting.

That would have been my first one I think then - great little box! Farm detective is an odd thing - I bought it on a whim, not sure how long it will he here. There's talk of having it at the gig venue during the week for folk to patch as part of an instillation, with the finished patch being worked into the set... maybe. Hopefully someone will video it, if not I'll post some audio and possibly video after I've done the set.

Also far from here. I hope you share a vid sometime.

My set has been moved to the slightly less concerning date of Saturday the 7th, tomorrow, at 8 pm. Fingers crossed!

Nice, good luck.

Will be interested in some audio to see what you are doing with the nf1m.

If it's recorded I'll post it up, if not I'll do a recording post set...

Don't think the set was recorded so did a run through in the studio this morning - gets clippy at one point but probably wont get around to sorting it for a little while so... here it is!

https://soundcloud.com/tib/optronica-li ... ce-7122019

Set went OK - I was more nervy than normal, probably due to the increased pressure in playing a set as opposed to sequencing. It was also freezing - shaky hands! See what you make of it - its quite simplistic in terms of playing, but hopefully there's enough going on sound wise to hold interest. Be warned that I did the classic live set trick of starting with the worse part - the only way is up!

I like it, even the start ;)

So this is all played live?

Thanks! Aside from the clicky/chirpy part that runs throughout and the bc16 droning (after the sample and hold patch at the start) then yes. Theres no sequencer in the set up, just the two synths, the glitch thing and a delay.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”