New MPE synths...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com

I have added TAL-U-NO-LX version 4 to the Recommended Sounds page. Pity about the choice of name. :)

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:30 am I ignored that Imaginando DRC iOS synth for its lack of MPE, but the last update seems to have implemented it! Some one mentioned it as one of his favorite synths and a short check revealed MPE support...
Well, that’s news! I like that synth a lot.
I wasn’t happy to know that they use some Facebook sdk for stats(?) user tracking (?) and deleted it but I guess I could try it out again for the sake of MPE.

Roger, it’s stated in the change-log on the App Store. Version 2.2.5 with MPE support and minor bug fixes. I’m talking iOS version. I don’t have the desktop one.

At the moment I can just see that pitch bend works as expected but I can’t figure out how the rest of the modulation parameters are assigned.

Roger_Linn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm Hi TJ,
I visited their site and could not find a mention of MPE in the DRC documentation. Can you tell me where you saw it? And if you use it, can you tell me how well it works? If it works well, I’d like to add it to the Recommended Sounds page.
It was listed in the change log in the app store description. You can load the app at no cost, it will only produce a nag screen.
My main criticism is that the price isn‘t mentioned, but for the quality they deliver its fine...
A quick test confirmed MPE which has to be activated in the settings...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:30 am
Roger_Linn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm Hi TJ,
I visited their site and could not find a mention of MPE in the DRC documentation. Can you tell me where you saw it? And if you use it, can you tell me how well it works? If it works well, I’d like to add it to the Recommended Sounds page.
It was listed in the change log in the app store description. You can load the app at no cost, it will only produce a nag screen.
My main criticism is that the price isn‘t mentioned, but for the quality they deliver its fine...
A quick test confirmed MPE which has to be activated in the settings...
I have played with DRC a little today. Works ok, great sounds but I cannot see anywhere to choose modulation settings.

In these patches (Missing Keys, Odditties, Mothership), Y opens the filter cutoff. In Sabotage, filter cutoff seems opened by aftertouch.

In the patch bank Factory Expansion, I found a patch called Gut Bass in which Y makes the modulation but only when aftertouch is enabled.

I'm waiting an answer for the developer.

I've added Imaginado DRC for iOS to my Recommended Sounds page.

Synthclavier for iPad now updated with MPE.
https://apps.apple.com/dk/app/synclavie ... 1378108734

Here a link to the official website: https://www.psychicmodulation.com/phonec.html

(I haven’t tested but surely I will) EDIT: actually I don't know. Do I want yet another emulation or stick to what I have and/or wait for for a new innovative instrument (like f.ex. Animoog?)

Hi Roger,

The Synclavier Go! iOS app has reportedly added MPE in its latest version. I have yet to check it out.

Also, you list Geo Synthesizer as MPE compatible, but it seems to only output MIDI and doesn't have a way to accept MIDI from a LinnStrument (or anything else). Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

mike
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

Thanks, spiral. On the Recommended Sounds page, I've just added Synclavier Go! and removed Geo Synthesizer. Sorry for my error.

No worries, Roger. I was actually hoping that I'd missed something in Geo Synth, and that it DID work with MPE input. Bleah. I have written to the folks at Wizdom Music to see if it can or not. If there is a way to do it, I will let you know ASAP and describe how it's done.

mike
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

Thanks, Mike.

On the hardware side, I’m still waiting on the UDO Super 6... the developer recently confirmed MPE support.

I also have a pre-order in for Black Corporations Xerxes (inspired by Elka Synthex) with will support MPE. Waiting on that one too. Those will be my first MPE capable hardware synths.

mrspiral wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:38 am No worries, Roger. I was actually hoping that I'd missed something in Geo Synth, and that it DID work with MPE input. Bleah. I have written to the folks at Wizdom Music to see if it can or not. If there is a way to do it, I will let you know ASAP and describe how it's done.

mike
So you are speaking of the Geoshred app, right? It works absolutely fine with LinnStrument, but you have to get what is called Geoshred Pro. (Not Geoshred Play.)
It is actually a surprisingly deep sound engine. It is physical modelling (guitars and other stringed) and an comprehensive fx pedals and amp chain. One can dial in a serious amount of detail to the sound. Also, if you run it on an iPad, you can do a bit of practising, as you can set the on-screen "keyboard" up like your Linnstrument. I can totally recommend it.
(I run it on my iPhone, so that is an extremely portable Linnstrument setup. The interface however is *very* small on the iPhone.)

LarsDaniel wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:33 pm
mrspiral wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:38 am No worries, Roger. I was actually hoping that I'd missed something in Geo Synth, and that it DID work with MPE input. Bleah. I have written to the folks at Wizdom Music to see if it can or not. If there is a way to do it, I will let you know ASAP and describe how it's done.

mike
So you are speaking of the Geoshred app, right?
I am not. I am speaking of Geo Synthesizer, which came first. I have and use GeoShred all the time, but I really like the sound of Geo Synth better.

Oh, sorry, I had no idea there was a Geo Synth.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”