New MPE synths...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com

Rimwolf wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:08 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:15 am I thought these two scenarios were an issue with any MPE instrument. At least I have not come across an MPE VST that can handle this in software I don't think. Are there any?
Cypher2 and Equator both do the right thing. [Edit: Also Aalto and Kaivo.] And synths that aren't strictly MPE but do multi-channel MIDI (most of the U-He synths, most of the Logic/MainStage synths in MIDI Mono mode) also let you play unisons. The error, I surmise, is doing voice allocation by note number rather than by channel number, or else processing Note Off by note not channel.
Hmmm. I can play notes on those from different rows on the linnstrument but I don' think it's actually triggering multiple notes. If I bend in different directions there is pitch glitching. When I play equator or cypher and bend from one note to another and hold it and then play the original note at the same time, it glitches and gets confused, so they don't seem to allow another note if one that has already. I don't know if that's an issue specific to Bitwig maybe?

Thanks!!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:01 pmI don't know if that's an issue specific to Bitwig maybe?
Could be; I use MainStage.

Rimwolf wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:26 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:01 pmI don't know if that's an issue specific to Bitwig maybe?
Could be; I use MainStage.
Just tested Equator standalone and yes, you can indeed play a new note when that same note was bend is still being held. Wow, that would be nice to have in Bitwig. Glad you brought that up!

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but this has UDO super 6 has MPE support as stated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_L4rOwoUho at around minute 18.

Not yet for sale though.

It sounds really good!

Thanks, tiantong. I've added it to the Recommended Sounds page. It's a long video; can you tell me in the video where he states MPE compatibility?

Hope they make a desktop version one day...

Roger, at about minute 18 he talks about MPE, Roli’s 5 dimensions of touch, etc

Agree, t-ib. It seems expensive. Actually I wouldn’t mind that keyboard either. Keys are ok for chords too.

Thanks. Sorry-- I see now that you mentioned the location in your original post of the video.

No worries 😊

I’ve had the Super 6 on preorder since first announced.

Gorgeous sounding synth and responds to the full MPE spec. Will post experience with it whenever it comes.

I think its the first hardware synth to have the term MPE written on the panel, but maybe I missed something that came before it in this regard.

Do you know how much is it going to cost?

tiantong wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:57 pm Do you know how much is it going to cost?
At 29:25 in the video, he says £2295 UK / €2495 EU including VAT.

All right, thank you

Return to “Roger Linn Design”