Monophonic MPE synth?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A simple request but does anyone know of anything that can easily handle 24 or 48 semitone bends (without having to send some convoluted midi message on startup) that has a ton of flexibility/ routing and cc control? Preferably hybrid and cheap?

Edit: I appreciate it's not techincally mpe!
Last edited by t-IB on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The good old evolver can do 12 semitones... maybe I could live with that.

Almost any Roland synth?
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

Moog Minitaur - (up to) 24 semitones bending is perfect for the Linnstrument & cc control for any parameter

Minitaur is a good shout, given I'm looking to cover bass with it on a split. Have Roland made any good desktop mono synths?

This is how I’ve set up my modular but it’s not a cheap solution.

t-IB wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm Minitaur is a good shout, given I'm looking to cover bass with it on a split. Have Roland made any good desktop mono synths?
Many people like the Roland SE-02. It qualifies.
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

mrspiral wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:47 am
t-IB wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm Minitaur is a good shout, given I'm looking to cover bass with it on a split. Have Roland made any good desktop mono synths?
Many people like the Roland SE-02. It qualifies.
Thanks, I'll check out some sounds. Somewhat drawn towards the pulse 2 as well, though I've been meaning to pick up an evolver for so long after losing my last one that I just should...

Having said all that I'm managing to get just about enough out of a single polyphonic patch with my modor to justify doing nothing - originally wanted to do a split with the modor and a mono synth on bass, but thinking I'll probably end up just going with the modor unless something turns up cheap.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”