Unfiltered Audio Lion is MPE

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a killer new synth but I am not having much luck getting the bend feature to work in MPE mode.
Got it working fine in non MPE mode. It's mpe default is +-48 and I have changed the Linnstrumrnt bend range to the same but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

Andy B

I was playing a bit with the demo. I recall I had to set the PB range in the presets to 24/48. In the end I lost interest, because the Grid in Bitwig is so much fun and I am not so sure if I ever want to deal with Plugin Alliance...
But for sure it belongs into the list of MPE capable synths...

I did look at the manual and it looks quite interesting. The plugin alliance for authentication thing seems weird, what’s that all about?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

I like it a lot. Some very cool ideas and interesting oscillator types. I'm very curious to see how they develop it. The BYOME effects that are included are pretty stunning, also.

The idea of the Plugin Alliance, when it originally launched, was to provide a central authorization and registration platform for plugins from many different vendors who couldn’t afford to build an infrastructure to sell their own plug-ins worldwide and keep them secure. This was combined with a central website where potential customers could shop for all of the represented brands, with central marketing efforts to get the word out as far and wide as possible.

As a former magazine editor, I had a chance to oversee a few reviews of products sold on this platform. In general, the sound quality ranged from very good to exceptional. My reviewers did have issues with the copy protection platform, but hat was in the earliest days of the program, and I don’t know how well the system is working nowadays.
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

mrspiral wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:50 pm My reviewers did have issues with the copy protection platform, but hat was in the earliest days of the program, and I don’t know how well the system is working nowadays.
It was seamless for me.

I'm trying the demo of Lion, and I feel like there's a lot of missed opportunities. Oscillators and mixing between them two is interesting, but - only one filter slot with mostly basic filters? The fx are nice, but they're not polyphonic, and I have all of them in Byome anyway.

I just expected more open modularity and possibilities.

So, how do Lion users feel now. Any good?

There is a Plugin Alliance offer at the moment where nearly everything is $50, so was thinking of Lion, Byome and one of the ssl channel strips.

I got it around new year, Its worth that sort of price for sure. It has some stuff different than the Grid...

Thanks, I have got it now but haven't had a chance to play with it yet!

I got Triad instead of Byome as well, haven't had a chance to play with that either.

Hopefully at the weekend, although I also managed to bag a Boss SY-1000 as well so there is going to be competition for time.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”