Half Rack ROMpler that works well with Linnstrument--decent piano and organ sounds

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see a bunch of suggestions on the hardware page, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experimented with ROMplers and Linnstrument.

I'm looking for something rock solid for live performance, with just a few preset sounds, and would prefer half rack size. Yes, an Integra7 or Kurzweil K2500 would be cool but I'd prefer nothing so big and heavy.

This would complement a Eurorack setup I'm using.

For now, iOS is not an option for me -- in addition to the stability problems I've been having, I perform wearing gloves (switching between bass and Linnstrument) and touchpads and touchscreens are a no-go. At home I'm loving my iOS setup but it's been a show stopper in practice, and I'd prefer not to have an issue in an actual, you know, show.

Mostly I need some decent piano and organ sounds, but I'm open to other stuff as well. It's just for live. In the studio I have no problem using a computer as a sound module.

Thank you!

I am interested in what people suggest here as well, but I would also love to chat with you, in a thread or via messaging, about the issues you're having with iOS. I've been gigging with iPads for nearly nine years now, and I've never encountered the issues you seem to be having (IMSC one of your posts mentioned having the band standing around for 20 minutes while you sort out problems?). If you'd prefer to just leave those boxes at home, I'd totally understand given their track record with you, but if this is something you'd really like to sort out, drop me a line!

Also: Gig Gloves have iPad-friendly fingertips. Just sayin' :D
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

Thanks for the offer and I'd love to chat. I'll PM you with my email. Gig gloves are much too thick for playing bass, and I can't expose my skin to the bass strings (that's the problem the gloves are solving).

JV-1080 with the vintage keys card? The Integra 7 has the card sounds onboard I believe, but the JV-1080 is smaller, multitimbral and supports PolyAT. I have a lot of fun with my Linnstrument and JV-2080.

jreineke wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:48 pm JV-1080 with the vintage keys card? The Integra 7 has the card sounds onboard I believe, but the JV-1080 is smaller, multitimbral and supports PolyAT. I have a lot of fun with my Linnstrument and JV-2080.
JV-1010. Half rack, bog stupid to use, indestructible, cheap as dirt.
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”