Backpack that can fit the full size Linnstrument!

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LinnStrument

I'm looking for a backpack that can hold the full sized Linnstrument with enough room for a synth module to go along with it. If it doesn't have separate compartments or padded divider then it'll need to be tall enough to fit the standard Linnstrument case also. It's tough to find one that's 24" tall and not be military or backpacking style.

Thanks for your ideas.
Last edited by rhombuslabs on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pardon the pun but that's a tall order... there aren't many packs of any style that can hold a full sized LS that I know of. The LS128 fits nearly anywhere, which is part of why I went that way. Have a look at Namba Gear? They often have odd form factors. Ditto Targus... and let us know what you find!
Last edited by mrspiral on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

Get yourself a couple carabiners, and use them to secure the LinnStrument's own case to the outside of whatever backpack suits your needs. That's what I do with my carry-on for travel dates, whenever I'm not otherwise bringing my heavy flightcases.

Along the same idea, a lot of camera bags have large outside pouches with straps for holding tripods, which could potentially serve the same purpose for the LinnStrument.

Cheers!

I found this one. The inner dimensions look like it's a perfect fit for the Linnstrument. I'll most likely have to remove the strap points to get it in. I'll report back in a few days with results when I receive it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... kpack-navy

That looks promising. I gather the plan would be to put the LinnStrument in the outside pocket, and whatever synth you're using in the larger inside compartment? At any rate, let us know how it works out...

Cheers!

The bag I linked to at Sweetwater, the Sequenz MP-TB1 Tall Backpack, definitely fits the full size Linnstrument! It fits perfectly without the strap points and with the slightest bulge at the top with the strap points on. There's two zipped compartments and one outside clasped pocket for cables and such. The Linnstrument fits in either of the zipped compartments. The one closer to the backpack straps has the most front/back width (~2 inches), the one closer to the front pocket has a little bit more than what's needed for the Linnstrument (~1 inch). There's a little bit of padding between compartments and at the bottom of the bag, maybe a quarter of an inch so not tossable. The backpack straps mount at the top and bottom of the bag, so it doesn't lift the bag above your shoulders. At 5'8" with a relatively short torso, the bag comes down to my waist if I shorten the straps to fit so I can still walk correctly with it. It's not exactly perfect but if you want to carry a full size Linnstrument with a laptop and all your cables, then it'll work. If you want to carry a desktop sound module, it'll have to be low profile and you should probably get an extra layer of foam to protect any of its controls. I can't say this would be protected enough for overhead airplane storage, but walking from a car/bus to a gig it'll work just fine.

Thanks for the details, rhombus. All considered, it looks like a pretty good option...

Cheers!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”