Kenton Interchanger

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just Got some details about a new unit from Kenton, it is a new Midi Patchbay/Midi Interface which looks pretty interesting:

- 8x DIN MIDI inputs and outputs. All 8 I/Os are on the back panel, but I/O 7 & 8 are also duplicated on the front. Whether the unit will use the front or back inputs for 7 & 8 is set in the options.
- 4x USB 'host' ports - much like our MIDI USB Host product, these can host a class-compliant USB MIDI peripheral. The Interchanger supports up to 4x USB MIDI devices at once.
- 1x USB 'device' port - this allows the Interchanger to be connected to a computer and appears to the computer as 4x pairs of MIDI inputs and outputs, which can be used in the Interchanger's routing matrix.
- 16x16 internal routing matrix. Any combination of inputs can be routed to any combination of outputs; with merging, filtering, and MIDI transform operations.
- Fully programmable on the unit itself (as well as via a planned editor program). Up to 128 programs can be stored and recalled, as well as 128 scenes. The current program / scene number is displayed on its own 7-segment display for maximum visibility.
- Unit can send out a full set of program changes for each scene.
- Dual assignable footswitch inputs, can be configured to step through scenes for example.
- Names can be assigned to programs, scenes and MIDI ports.
- Planned support for linking multiple units for an expanded routing matrix.
- 1U rack unit with removable ears.
We're hoping to have these in production in 3 months’ time, and the price is currently somewhere in the region of £350 + VAT.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Thanks for the heads up. This will be interesting to compare to the iconnectivity offerings.

My bet is that it will be good, not that the iConnectivity stuff isn't.

I'm just a big fan of Kenton gear, it works, it is well designed, it lasts forever, support is fantastic and you can talk to the guy that designs things.

I'm going to get one.

Will there be any amount of on device routing capability? I'm thinking of the old MOTU units where you could, using buttons on the device, reroute a specific input to a new output destination.

griotspeak wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:55 pm Will there be any amount of on device routing capability? I'm thinking of the old MOTU units where you could, using buttons on the device, reroute a specific input to a new output destination.
- 16x16 internal routing matrix. Any combination of inputs can be routed to any combination of outputs; with merging, filtering, and MIDI transform operations.

- Fully programmable on the unit itself (as well as via a planned editor program). Up to 128 programs can be stored and recalled, as well as 128 scenes. The current program / scene number is displayed on its own 7-segment display for maximum visibility.

Any news on this?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Roger Linn Design”