Modor NF-1m vs Audiothingies Micromonsta

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got mine today. (NF-1m). Ha, that 24 PB on LS to 34 on the NF is soooo weird. But yes, it works. But looking forward to a fix for the playing-two-of-the-same-notes problem.

Have any other modor users found a way to stop the clicking on press you get when assigning aftertouch to level or drive? I assume it's messing with the velocity maybe?

Meanwhile audiohingies have a V2 micromonsta on the way with some good improvements like filter FM and bitimbrality, both of which were things I requested in his V2 survey - win!

I think I found a solution for level but for the life of me I can’t remember, maybe it will pop into my head...

I gave up on it waiting for the mpe fixes, it’s sitting on a shelf at the moment :(
Bitwig, against the constitution.

I still use mine regularly, though it's one of those synths that never quite gets where I want it - it's always on the edge of what I'm trying to dial in.

It does seem to have a life of its own!

BobDog wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:26 pm I think I found a solution for level but for the life of me I can’t remember, maybe it will pop into my head...

I gave up on it waiting for the mpe fixes, it’s sitting on a shelf at the moment :(
He has actually fixed the MPE. I wrote him about it, and he fixed it and sent me a beta firmware. Drop him a mail, and I am sure you can get the beta. It works fine.

I have emailed a couple of times but no reply

You don’t have the update file by any chance you could send me?

Maybe there's a NF-1 and Access Virus user out there who can lend me some advice in the NF-1m vs .... area.

I have and like the NF-1m, but a Virus TI Snow just popped up used locally. I've been intrigued by the Virus; how would you weigh the pros and cons of the Virus Snow vs the NF-1m, especially with MPE (I don't think the Virus has actual MPE?).

Everyone should have a virus.

They do not support mpe but you can have multis that allow you to have the same patch on each channel that gets you most of the way there. Editing this though is a pain as you have to copy the edited patch to each channel.

Also might be worth thinking of the TI rather than the Snow as they have twice the DSP power.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”