For those of you with an interest in using Linnstrument to control hardware

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just wrote to Novation about implementing MPE on Peak, which should be possible since it has digital oscillators. The response was that they're considering it for a software update. So if you are like me and still like hardware synths for playing with people, it might be worth dropping them a note asking for this feature. The Peak is CONSIDERABLY cheaper than Deckerd's Dream and I prefer its sound to the Modal, though of course those are also good synths.
Last edited by jsterne on Sun May 19, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good to hear, I hope they do it since I dont use the Peak as much as I should due to lack of MPE. Its got Poly Aftertouch which is a start, but I always want more. I will wait some days and will then make the same request to them, who did you contact, a general support email?

Yes, just a general support email. In my case I don’t own one, but would buy one the minute it had MPE.

Thanks for the info. It sounds promising. Not a Peak owner, MPE would make it instant buy.

Nice to know. It seems we'll have more choices to take to our island!

Speaking of hardware, I just received this from the people at Modal Electronics:
Modal SKULPTsynthesiser supports polychaining of up to four units, for a possible 16 voices of polyphony. Details on how to enable polychaining are shown on page 33 of the owners manual, which you can download from our website.

We have a version of the SKULPTsynthesiser OS, running MPE, which has been in alpha testing and we hope to release this later in the year.

I've used the Peak as an example of my ideal hardware synth many times here. I do wish it was a little smaller and had a USB host port for the purposes of connecting and powering the likes of the LinnStrument directly; however, if they were to add MPE, it'd be a done deal for me, no doubt about it.

Cheers!

I have a Peak myself and love the sounds I'm able to get out of it while jamming with my Linnstrument. It seems like any time I start with an init patch I'm able to come up with a wide range of neat sounds just by experimenting.

Inspired by this post, I submitted a support ticket to Novation this morning asking if it would be possible to include MPE support in a future update. Hopefully if enough of us ask about it we can make this happen!

I have a Peak. Been planning on selling it as I don't love the sound. It's a solid synth, but no magic for me. Not sure if adding MPE would cause me to keep it. Thanks for the heads up though!

What don't you like about the sound, or what do you want from the sound?

That would be awesome!!!

Just asked Novation via support e-mail about possible MPE implementation too. I'll share the answer in case there is something new.

48cube wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:40 pm Just asked Novation via support e-mail about possible MPE implementation too. I'll share the answer in case there is something new.
+1. Hope they'll do it, would definitely make me buy one. I have a Prophet 12 module and wish that Dave Smith would consider adding MPE to that as well.

Oh well, Prophet 12 ... I was so close to getting it too but it was the lack of multi-timbrality (read as faux MPE) which made me not to in the end. Sounds so damn good. Must be joy even as mono with Linnstrument.

tiantong wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:39 pm Nice to know. It seems we'll have more choices to take to our island!

Speaking of hardware, I just received this from the people at Modal Electronics:
Modal SKULPTsynthesiser supports polychaining of up to four units, for a possible 16 voices of polyphony. Details on how to enable polychaining are shown on page 33 of the owners manual, which you can download from our website.

We have a version of the SKULPTsynthesiser OS, running MPE, which has been in alpha testing and we hope to release this later in the year.
....aaaaand there went the SKULPT off my "meh, not using it much, should probably just sell it" list!
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

jk-dk wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:44 pm
48cube wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:40 pm Just asked Novation via support e-mail about possible MPE implementation too. I'll share the answer in case there is something new.
+1. Hope they'll do it, would definitely make me buy one. I have a Prophet 12 module and wish that Dave Smith would consider adding MPE to that as well.
I asked too. They will send my request to the developers team, they said. So not hoping too much for the time being.

I wonder why there isn’t a MPE synth by Dave Smith when he and Roger Linn have worked together?

@mrspiral, how do you like the Skulpt?

Return to “Roger Linn Design”