Surge synth-- excellent, powerful, MPE, FREE and open source

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like the LS Lead Guitar sound. I put the Scuffham Amps S-Gear after it and it sounds pretty cool.

I have Surge working perfectly in Bitwig but pitch bend doesnt work for me in Cubase 10. All the same settings as Bitwig. I also have Cypher 2 and Equator working perfectly in Cubase so I'm not sure what I've missed. Anybody else run into this?

Got the full size Linnstrument last week and really loving it.

Andy B

Just wanted to say there's a FB group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/surgesynth/

A few people from the project have already joined -- hopefully the group will help the synth grow. I'm a big fan of the synth myself, I think the modulation system is absolutely brilliant, combining LFO and envelopes that way. I'll be spending a lot of time with this synth :)

Wow thank you - someone just bought this to our attention in the surge synth maintainer and debugger slack channel. I’m one of the maintainers on the synth now it is open source and your comment certainly made our work feel worthwhile!

I’m also glad you like surge! In the 1.6.2 version we just released (and the 1.6.2.1 version we will release next week fixing a couple of micro-bugs) the MPE state will be front and center in the UI; and there’s lots of other new things (alternate tunings, better wavetables support, and lots more).

I would love to sweep your patches into that point release if you are OK with that. Would you be OK with that? We could make a ‘3rd party / roger linn’ folder that I’m sure would excite our growing user base!

And your comment is so generous. It certainly motivated the team tonight when we saw it, after a long summer of testing and debugging and improving the synth. Would you mind if we tastefully highlighted it on the surge website in some form? Understand if not of course.

Finally even if you would prefer we not share your patches and comment with the main distribution, thank you for your kind words. We are all having fun working on keeping Surge alive and growing - and we have some pretty extensive plans for what’s next (5 oscillators! More FM routes! Filter and stereo pan per osc which are modulatable!) over the next year. And knowing that we are on the right track with your feedback has been a highlight!

Best

Hi baconpaul,
Yes and yes! You’re welcome to use my patches and to quote me as you wish. Also, I’ve got some suggestions if you don’t mind. Please email me at support[at]rogerlinndesign.com. I look forward to hearing from you. And congratulations on the work that you and your team have done with Surge!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”