natural pitch bend? quantization?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I just got my Linnstrument and I am just starting to explore it. I have only tried it with Bitwig and Animoog. The problem: I can’t get pitch bend to work as advertized, or at least as I understood it to work. No matter where I touch the pads, it always plays the note in tune. If I slide up to a new note or play vibrato, it responds as expected. However, I cannot bend the note slightly by moving slowly left/right within a pad. If I turn off “QUANTIZE” on the linnstrument, there seems to be no effect. How can I bend the notes slightly like on a stringed instrument? Isn’t this supposed to be possible?

Thanks,
Monroe

Have you turned the quantise hold off as well, there are two of them.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Thanks. Looks like no quantize hold is what I wanted.

Good stuff.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Hi mbsq,

The issue you describe with slow finger movements is due to the way that Quantize Hold works, intended to correct pitch after a vibrato or pitch slide ends. To do this, it waits until the finger movement falls below a threshold that is less than vibrato or pitch slides but greater than the normal movement of a held touch, then gradually quantizes the pitch at one of three user-chosen speeds. However, it cannot distinguish between the normal movement of a steady finger and very slow finger movements. This works fine for common playing styles, but if your style requires very slow movements, it is best to turn on Quantize Hold.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”